05-10-2011, 05:29
Hey folks,
Iâm new to the forum. Iâve been music obsessed from the cradle. My father introduced me to music through his classical music collection. When I was 10 years old and a friend played me the Beatles version of Twist and Shout, I had the epiphany and became rock obsessed (this was about 11 years after the songâs release).
I have a passion for bands with strong harmony vocals so Fleet Foxes, Teenage Fanclub, The Zombies, The Beach Boys, and The Beatles figure prominently in my listening. Iâm from Australia, and a great local band that had killer harmonies was called The Ice Cream Hands. I love the work of Richard Thompson, Loudon Wainwright, Gillian Welch, Wilco, Weddings Parties Anything, John Hiatt, Pentangle, Ben Folds, Los Lobosâ¦.and a heap of other artists.
Iâd look forward to taking part in any music discussions going on the board.
Cheers,
Maurice.
Iâm new to the forum. Iâve been music obsessed from the cradle. My father introduced me to music through his classical music collection. When I was 10 years old and a friend played me the Beatles version of Twist and Shout, I had the epiphany and became rock obsessed (this was about 11 years after the songâs release).
I have a passion for bands with strong harmony vocals so Fleet Foxes, Teenage Fanclub, The Zombies, The Beach Boys, and The Beatles figure prominently in my listening. Iâm from Australia, and a great local band that had killer harmonies was called The Ice Cream Hands. I love the work of Richard Thompson, Loudon Wainwright, Gillian Welch, Wilco, Weddings Parties Anything, John Hiatt, Pentangle, Ben Folds, Los Lobosâ¦.and a heap of other artists.
Iâd look forward to taking part in any music discussions going on the board.
Cheers,
Maurice.

