Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lee Bergeron "Happy Birthday Elvis"
#1
I am a few days late "January 8th" But I love listening to the kings music all the time.I wonder if he lived longer,how music would of turned out.He influenced Rock and roll to the core.

Lee Bergeron
Reply
#2
I'm certainly not knocking Elvis, since his impact on music was huge IMV.

However, I think Elvis didn't maintain his trailblazing in R&R. Within a very short time he had been eclipsed by others (Beatles f'rinstance), who took up the baton and pushed the boundaries.

Don't get me wrong, he was a great artist to the end, but his days of influencing things were short lived.

Therefore, I don't think music would be any different if he'd survived, except that there'd probably be some more Elvis albums out there.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#3
I'd agree with you there Tiggi!Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#4
Elvis Presley is someone who was a dynamic musician and he was someone who knew how to entertain his own way. Also Elvis is someone who will be remembered for his music. I agree that Elvis's impact won't be as recognized but he is a dynamic man. Elvis is definitely missed especially in these down times of music right now.
Reply
#5
Definitely agree.

Cheers,

Conrad
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday Lisa Stansfield ! ! ! RSmith 0 661 11-04-2026, 16:25
Last Post: RSmith
  biopic - "elvis" CRAZY-HORSE 0 570 13-05-2022, 12:30
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Elvis Costello OBE CRAZY-HORSE 0 949 15-02-2020, 23:28
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Elvis Costello battles cancer! CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,868 10-07-2018, 14:05
Last Post: SteveO
  the top50 Elvis Presley songs in the UK CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,289 17-08-2017, 02:35
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Australia Day! (Jan 26, 2017) bob_32_116 12 4,660 26-01-2017, 07:30
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  I Finished My Demo And I'm Pretty Happy Of The Way It Turned Out dylanb 0 1,084 17-09-2016, 20:40
Last Post: dylanb
  I Finished My Demo And I'm Happy Of The Way It Turned Out dylanb 1 1,209 12-09-2016, 17:12
Last Post: Inna Selez
  Elvis Presley.... CRAZY-HORSE 11 4,550 16-08-2016, 09:28
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What music do you listen to when you are in a happy mood or to put you in a happy moo Gossens 15 5,355 27-05-2016, 02:15
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart

Forum Jump: