Posts: 776
Threads: 135
Joined: Jan 2012
Ive just discovered this Hendrix album ,it is a collection of cuts that werent put out at the time of recording its mainly the experience band there are alternate versions of stone free and red house amongst others and some tracks that are new to me personally. It just blows my mind man FLOWERS AND GROOVE,,[ATTACH=CONFIG]1438[/ATTACH]
Posts: 289
Threads: 13
Joined: Jan 2012
Yeah i think it's a really underrated album, and i would definitely recommend it to any Hendrix fan out there. The alternate version of Red House makes it worth the price alone, and then there's previous unreleased tracks like Valleys of Neptune, which in my opnion is on the same level of greatness as most of his previous work. The reason it mostly got mediocre reviews was that critcs thought it contained to little new material, but i think it contains more than enough new material to make it interesting for fans to buy it and enjoy it.
Posts: 285
Threads: 31
Joined: Aug 2011
I really like his collection too. "Hear My Train a Comin' is played at a slightly faster tempo than the version from "Winterland", a very subtle change that I think sounds cool. I also believe this is the fastest tempo of all versions of "Train" which I have heard. Good "Red House" on this disc too. I thought it was a very worthwhile purchase, and actually pre-ordered the album in 2010.
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin