Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
SuzyQ
#1
How are you weathering tropical storm Isaac?

We have rain, rain, rain but the wind hasn't picked up much and I don't expect it to.

I hope you're doing alright.
Reply
#2
Stay safe Trace !!!!!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#3
Oh we just had a lot of rain. Some bad lightening but not much wind. Though I heard there were some tornadoes south of where I live. I hope Louisiana is doing OK. Hopefully when they rebuilt they changed the standards on how to build.
Reply
#4
they havent rebuilt yet in New Orleans(well,they hadnt when MH and I went through there last year)...

over half the businesses in the French Quarter were either under renovation or still boarded up after Katrina's rampage....and we should know, we walked the entire FQ in 100F heat and high humidity!!!!!....was shockingly hot!

maybe the storm can wash away the putrid smells of vomit,urine and stale alcohol...LOL, that aside, theres a lot of nice looking old buildings down that way,would hate to see them destroyed!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#5
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:they havent rebuilt yet in New Orleans(well,they hadnt when MH and I went through there last year)...

over half the businesses in the French Quarter were either under renovation or still boarded up after Katrina's rampage....and we should know, we walked the entire FQ in 100F heat and high humidity!!!!!....was shockingly hot!

maybe the storm can wash away the putrid smells of vomit,urine and stale alcohol...LOL, that aside, theres a lot of nice looking old buildings down that way,would hate to see them destroyed!
LOL to the odor! It's only a weak storm they can handle it.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Reply
#6
...And now on to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mxaA-bJ35s << A brilliant re-creation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0L44Zea9Ms << the original
Wanna play it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrA5oqGb0hM
Reply


Forum Jump: