Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Cat Stevens one of my favourite singer songwriters
#11
well the albums really worth getting are
1 tea for the tillerman
2 teaser and the firecat
3mona bone jakon
4catch bull at four
5the buddah and the chocolate box

for starters these will give you a real insight into the superb Cat Stevens

OTE=TraceNspace;63921]I really like what I know of Cat Stevens but my knowledge is limited.[/QUOTE]
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Reply
#12
SteveO Wrote:One of my favorite songs of all time !!!!!


[video=youtube;zXwR0JGUCFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXwR0JGUCFI&feature=fvst[/video]

This is one of my favorites too Smile I remember the first time I heard it. It was being played and sung by a camp counselor I had when I was a teenager. She was really good and I think that's where I got my love of folk music.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Reply
#13
sorry
can't listen to that
Reply
#14
SteveO Wrote:One of my favorite songs of all time !!!!!

Father & Son is my favorite too.

Another good one:

Wild World
[video=youtube;-xLfxNuW-xo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xLfxNuW-xo[/video]
Reply
#15
Listen to his 'Foreigner' album.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#16
Cat Stevens is overlooked by a lot of music enthusiast. You just don't hear much about his career and music these days. Really underrated in my opinion.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Foo Fighters - "your favourite toy" CRAZY-HORSE 0 477 25-04-2026, 09:57
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What is your favourite Pink Floyd solo ? MScovers 3 2,506 24-09-2023, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Your Favourite Doors Album? Breakdown MrMojoRisin 12 5,127 28-11-2016, 20:04
Last Post: Music Head
  AC/DC lead singer Biran Johnson facing total hearing loss Mercury7 1 1,724 08-03-2016, 11:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  My interview with The J. Geils Band lead singer Peter Wolf Mercury7 0 1,246 10-09-2015, 00:33
Last Post: Mercury7
  Toto lead singer and guitarist Steve Lukather interview Mercury7 1 1,568 15-08-2015, 18:22
Last Post: Chriskey2015
  It ain't easy being a working Blue singer jazzboCR 0 1,292 01-07-2015, 06:15
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Earl Thomas, Blues singer jazzboCR 0 1,091 09-06-2015, 22:18
Last Post: jazzboCR
  I am a super high male singer Igor 2 1,325 11-11-2014, 13:37
Last Post: Igor
  Your favourite current psychedelia? PetSounds 6 2,853 08-10-2014, 19:47
Last Post: SteveO

Forum Jump: