Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Punk/ New Wave / Post Punk / Dark Wave - Great Artists/Albums
#1
I personally am a big fan of New Wave, Post Punk & Dark Wave. I also really enjoy Punk & Hardcore from the late 70s - 80s. Let's talk about great artists and albums from this era. Starting with: The Clash.
[URL="http://youtu.be/ZjnSAwpbfEY"]
[/URL]http://youtu.be/NaOmTHaRA1g


I loved this band since the first time I heard them. The Clash are definitely in my Top Ten.
Reply
#2
Post punk is one of my favourite genres, and you can't have a thread regarding post punk without mention of The Fall. Insanely prolific, consistently great, and they always write the most damned catchy songs. Mark E. Smith is a personal hero of mine.

[video=youtube;_u-E-5Qc7sE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u-E-5Qc7sE[/video]
Reply
#3
Frownland Wrote:Post punk is one of my favourite genres, and you can't have a thread regarding post punk without mention of The Fall. Insanely prolific, consistently great, and they always write the most damned catchy songs. Mark E. Smith is a personal hero of mine.

[video=youtube;_u-E-5Qc7sE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u-E-5Qc7sE[/video]


I totally agree!
Reply
#4
The Clash were brilliant pre"sandinista" era...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#5
London Calling is still a fabulous album !!!!!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#6
my favourite clash album is their debut album entitled the clash (from 1977)
SteveO Wrote:London Calling is still a fabulous album !!!!!
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Reply
#7
Good album also !
Mrrusty1 Wrote:my favourite clash album is their debut album entitled the clash (from 1977)
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#8
One of my favorite post-punk bands was The Chameleons. They only put out three albums, and all three are great, but "Strange Times" is probably my favorite.

[video=youtube;KeJGATZ8Yx4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJGATZ8Yx4[/video]
Reply
#9
i do agree also. rock on people.
Reply
#10
Just speaking on 'Post-Punk'....

[video=youtube;L_QFMuieWiI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_QFMuieWiI[/video]


Lyrics, not to be trusted:


Quote:
"Complicated Game"

I ask myself should I put my finger to the left, no
I ask myself should I put my finger to the right, no
I say it really doesn't matter where I put my finger
Someone else will come along and move it
And it's always been the same
It's just a complicated game

A little girl asked me should she part her hair upon the left, no
A little girl asked me should she part her hair upon the right, no
I said it doesn't really matter where you part your hair
Someone else will come along and move it and it's
Always been the same
It's just a complicated game

A little boy asked me should he put his vote upon the left, no
A little boy asked me should he put his vote upon the right, no
I say it really doesn't matter where you put your vote
Someone else will come along and move it
And it's always been the same
It's just a complicated game

They wanted Tom
They wanted Joe
To dress 'em up and stick 'em out on show
They were arrows in a very bad aim
It's just a complicated game

God asked me should he ought to put his world on the left, no
God asked me should he ought to put his world on the right, no
I said God, it really doesn't matter where you put your world
Someone will come along and move it
And it's always been the same
It's just a complicated
Game


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Noah Kahan - The Great Divide Music Head 0 530 06-05-2026, 12:02
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Kasabian - "great pretender" CRAZY-HORSE 0 455 03-04-2026, 05:47
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Noah Kahan - The Great Divide Music Head 1 715 13-02-2026, 12:54
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: A$AP Rocky - Punk Rocky Music Head 0 549 25-01-2026, 11:52
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Halsey - The Great Impersonator Music Head 0 875 07-11-2024, 13:57
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - "long dark night" CRAZY-HORSE 4 1,502 28-07-2024, 04:48
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Post Malone - The Diamond Collection Music Head 0 908 16-08-2023, 12:15
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Post Malone - Austin Music Head 0 950 10-08-2023, 11:42
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Post Malone - Overdrive Music Head 0 670 28-07-2023, 11:17
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Steve Lacy - Dark Red Music Head 0 635 03-10-2022, 12:46
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: