Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Now I'm listening to - Ni**as In Paris - Jay-Z & Kanye West
daft punk faster harder better stronger
Remember MCL? I used to go to clubs and this song would be a hit during mid 80s

[video=youtube;6Um3fQK4d_k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Um3fQK4d_k[/video]
Winter Garden by Eraldo Bernocchi, Harold Budd & Robin Guthrie (an erstwhile Cocteau Twin).

This is very beautiful and interesting music, IMO, which would be considered ambient/electronic, I suppose, although it has some earthy elements which provide a few strategic anchors whilst the whole allows you to float away quite comfortably; very important, and very nice indeed! Relaxing without being insipid and not inaccessible to those of us not totally committed to absolute minimalism! I keep returning to this album ...

[video=youtube;v01BYDVJAGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v01BYDVJAGk[/video]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Discovered this recently - magnificent! https://youtu.be/LIrWY48Kih4
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
ok, so you cant say I wont listen to everything Jerome....
I gave it a listen,
I liked the first bit for a minute or so then got bored pretty quick after that....

I would lve to be able to sit down with a glass of wine with the lights dimmed listening to this sort of music, but I just cant, I just fall asleep(not sure if its the music or the wine!)
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

No sweat - it's not everyone's cup of tea. I like this sort of music at times - when I am in a particular frame of mind.
I also started listening to JMJ "oxygene" on youtube today,

I heard pt.I, it didn't do anything for me, but im going to get through the whole album track by track over the weekend
and whether I end up liking or disliking it im going to watch some live clips of him.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

listened to pt:II, pt:III and pt: IV of Oxygene.....

so that's half the album....enough is enough, I cannot torture myself anymore....sorry Jerome, I tried but failed, its just not my thing at all.

No sweat man - each to his own. One of the mysteries of life - one person listens to something and loves it. Another hates it. Keeps things interesting. I suppose we have to remember that when we recommend an album we think the other person is going to hear the piece they way we do but they are in fact listening to something else entirely.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD