Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
[video=youtube;NuUBSdvUefE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuUBSdvUefE[/video]
how to you track?
Subscribe for the canal! Thanks!
Tangerine Dream - Nebulous Dawn - since I m working on an electronic project I decided to go back to the roots of the genre and see how it developed over the years. Have to admit some of their early work is really 'out there' but you can hear their craft evolving over the years. Mind food.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Jerome Wrote:Tangerine Dream - Nebulous Dawn - since I m working on an electronic project I decided to go back to the roots of the genre and see how it developed over the years. Have to admit some of their early work is really 'out there' but you can hear their craft evolving over the years. Mind food.
your favored genre has been hijacked by lunatics
as has mine

Music Head Wrote:your favored genre has been hijacked by lunatics
as has mine

What do you mean?

Not really my favourite genre MH - that is still progressive rock/70's rock music. Electronic music is only one genre of many I enjoy.

Talking about hijacked - some clown from Thailand is trying to hack my site - he won't find much but he's having a damn good try! Also the album (IML) has started popping up all over the place on freebie sites all over the globe. Oh well - that's the way of the connected world. Found it on sites in Russia/South America/UK/Germany etc. etc.
seriously....!
I am not being dismissive in anyway Jerome, but what would a hacker hope to achieve by hacking your site?????

as long as you don't intend selling your material at least youre getting interest in your music...that could never happen if it were not for the WWW would it?!?
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Jerome Wrote:What do you mean?

Not really my favourite genre MH - that is still progressive rock/70's rock music. Electronic music is only one genre of many I enjoy.
sorry J
should have elaborated there
one of those drive-by posts

what I meant was
I know prog is your preferred genre but I figured electronic would be next
should have said one of your favored genres

what I meant by hijacked was the term electronic
what you and I think of when we here that are artists such as Jarre, Oldfield, Eno, Tomita (for me)
whereas when todays generation hears that, they think EDM and they know nothing of those artists
the culture has turned electronic into EDM

Oh right I see what you mean - and I agree 100%. The EDM generation don't understand true electronic music (or maybe they have just not been exposed to it). In which case they should become familiar with it - might spark some creativity. The real electronic musicians you describe are the ones who were trying to find an alternative way to write/compose full symphonies and cohesive works but using electronics instead of acoustic instruments. The EDM generation think everything has to have a beat attached to it. There's no subtle movements or changes in the structure or even in the approach. One of the dead giveaways is the fact that a lot of it is discussed in terms of BPM - in other words they already have a formula and that dictates the flow of the piece whereas the 'old school' were trying to describe things with an electronic palette but with shifting patterns and movements. To me EDM is just disco with electronic instruments - and sometimes they don't even have any instruments at all (copy and paste features an awful lot in this genre). There has to be some creative thought behind the sounds but I find EDM as boring as hell. No point listening to a piece if you already know where it's going. No Guru, No Method, No Teacher!
I deplore that ridiculous Drum Machine of continuous boring and aggravating drum beats that you find in EDM!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Tangerine Dream - White Eagle - probably my favourite of theirs.
Music Head Wrote:sorry J
should have elaborated there
one of those drive-by posts

what I meant was
I know prog is your preferred genre but I figured electronic would be next
should have said one of your favored genres

what I meant by hijacked was the term electronic
what you and I think of when we here that are artists such as Jarre, Oldfield, Eno, Tomita (for me)
whereas when todays generation hears that, they think EDM and they know nothing of those artists
the culture has turned electronic into EDM

Must try some Tomita - for some or other reason I don't have any of his stuff??!!??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD