Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Different! Quite like it. Never heard of this guy before. You learn something every day.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
(29-04-2018, 16:59)Jerome Wrote: Different! Quite like it. Never heard of this guy before. You learn something every day.

yup, and I go out of my way to do just that, whether its something petty i'll never use again or something that will stick in the forefront of my mind I aim to learn something everyday,

like my dad used to say :the day you fail to learn something new is the day you stop living boy
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Tangerine Dream - Nebulous Dawn - The Early Years - a 3CD compilation of the electronic outfit showcasing their emerging sound. Instead of electronica developing along the lines of Vangelis/Jarre/TD, we are stuck with EDM. What a waste of electricity.
the problem is that any idiot can create the repetitive beats of EDM...
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Listening to 'Episodes' by Mishegas. Very chill track. Discovered him through a playlist I started following on Spotify. He seems to be a very new and upcoming contributor to the electronic and ambient genre.
Brian Eno and Harold Budd - The Plateaux of Mirror - marvelous morning music.
[Image: 220px-Vangelis_-_Rosetta.jpg]

VANGELIS "rosetta"  cd,  2016:

big surprise Jerome??????, just don't fall off the chair mate!.....

I was intrigued when Ruby first wrote about it when it was originally released and listened intently then...
so,
I bought it a while ago when I saw it in a discount bin...
the album came about because of a video call between a ESA Astronaut and Vangelis and later a meeting between
the two to discuss the Rosetta Space Probe project...
twelve tracks, liking most of them...
music ebbs and flows like something (an object) floating through the void of space on a never ending journey...
the music builds to crescendo's and sometimes fades away, other times is stays...
there are the odd sound effects also, you can imagine them as you like, be it the electronics in a space craft
or the sounds of flotsam pinging against a spacecraft or...
even the sound of space junk/debris picking up speed in the sun's gravitational pull...
I intend listening to this album again in summer, for the simple fact I can lay out on the grass at night, looking at the
night sky (on a clear night) and enjoying the visuals that could possibly enhance this experience

from the album:

Yes, Ruby has a way of describing things that lure you in. Should be writing for Rolling Stone. A sonic adventure for sure. Lots of people can create 'space' music. Only Vangelis can perfect it. BTW - what are you doing in this neck of the woods?

No, not falling off the chair but running for the sugar water for sure … will wonders never cease!
Tangerine Dream - Disc 1 of 'Journey Through a Burning Brain' - a walk down an electronic memory lane.
Music for Films - Brian Eno - minimalist perfection.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD