Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new project
Well spotted Ruby - I deliberately wanted Part 2 to be a departure from the norm. Something that you would not expect. The idea came during a walk in the woods. The wispy bits you hear now and again remind me of bits of clouds moving overhead. The tricky part is going to be how to develop it. And how to move into the next part. Something on the to do list for this weekend. And it is intentionally simplistic and sparse. I hate the term 'joined up thinking' but that's what I am trying to do at the moment - join all the dots. And blips. And bleeps.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
i listened to the new piece Jerome...
not really my thing but you would have known that anyway, right?
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

No sweat Crazy - each to their own. In any case it's only a really short extract - hoping to develop it this weekend along with some other bits and pieces.
hey Jerome, just curious...

a few years ago you were doing a track with a vocalist (female if im not mistaken??)
whatever happened to that project?
was it something to 'let off steam'??
something you couldnt develop further???
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Crazy Man, I have written quite a few 'normal' songs but could never get a decent vocalist to interpret them. Tried many vocalists from all over but was never 100% satisfied with the end result. Expensive to do as well. So I just abandoned them. A hell of a lot of work down the drain but that's how it goes. Some you win some you lose. That's life.
When something is not working you have to walk away no matter how much time and money you have invested. One of my biggest regrets. And I happen to think some of the songs are quite strong too. But hey, I would think that because I wrote them. Maybe they are just crap. We'll never know!!

Maybe the ideas fairy will find a decent singer for me...
The 'new' project has come to a standstill at the moment. Seems like the Ideas Fairy has eloped with Captain Creativity and left me with no ideas so I am firmly stuck. Bugger.
Right that's Xmas over, time to get back to work on the project. Going to spend the afternoon in the studio and see what pops out of the hat.
^^
"right thats Xmas over", LOL...

we spent the Christmas Day with Dani's family in two different locations.
today was with my family.
after we left my parents house and we were driving home i said "right thats Christmas over"...
just gotta get through New Years Eve before we reset the clocks back to zero and start all over again...

The Ideas Fairy must have stopped by some time during the night. I have been struggling to move forward with the new project lately but today I am brimming with ideas so bugger the painting job for today. Will finish that tomorrow. Going to spend a couple of hours in the studio trying to tease out the next section. Happy with the new direction the project is taking as opposed to the other pieces I tried to put together which just were not working at all. Well to my ears anyway. Lets see what pops out of the proverbial hat today.
(17-11-2020, 12:51)Jerome Wrote: OK so I have put up a very short piece to illustrate how E&F part 2 is going to start. Just a couple of minutes into the track. Same place as always - https://www.auralscapes.org/#xl_xr_page_...mp;%20flow

i just found the time to go listen to your short piece Jerome but nothing loaded up??

do you design and create your own graphics?

BTW:
ive used the picture as the background on my laptop mate.
if you feel it is inappropriate to do so i can and will remove it, i just thought it was an interesting image.

[Image: 2479.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm working on a project, please opinions and reviews - "Summer on you" ET MUSIX 2 1,309 11-11-2016, 17:42
Last Post: ET MUSIX
  The Twisted Project - Over The Bridge The Twisted Project 2 1,580 06-04-2014, 20:32
Last Post: The Twisted Project
  The Twisted Project - Bow Down The Twisted Project 0 1,128 02-04-2014, 21:04
  The Twisted Project - Under Continuous Fire The Twisted Project 2 1,360 23-03-2014, 19:32
  The EDM Project theEDMproject 3 1,876 08-08-2012, 02:15
Last Post: suzy7