Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
^Oopsie - didn't check the link for some reason and it's really not good. Eek! Thanks.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
A strange mix of Mike Oldfield's 'Sentinel' track. An ambient piece. Have this on in the car at the moment. From a 'Best of' compilation. Can't decide whether I like it or not??!!??

https://youtu.be/txeejZcdq_c
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
…. Moving on from my folk and country odyssey!! I’ve been interested in Robert Reed’s new release, Cursus 123 430 for a while now but there are very few clips available to listen to anywhere so I have bought and downloaded the digital version. Not my favourite format but what can you do? The postal service is even less reliable than usual which is not reliable at all, so it’s not worth buying anything that has to come from outside of the country right now – it would be a miracle if it arrived. 

This comes with no frills whatsoever, not even a track listing, or segment listing which I can see in other places. I did, however, get the cover artwork. There’s a symphonic poem attached to the whole thing (which is a concept by Les Penning who also wrote it and narrates it where there is voice), but that doesn’t seem to be included in the download for some reason?? Not sure how I feel about this digital malarky – would far rather have a physical copy, but oh well … needs must! Here’s the symphonic poem (or some of it) which I don’t have - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA_nJm_O8I4, and this is the only segment from what I do have that I can find on YouTube ...

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Not a fan of everything Klaus Schulze does - some of his works can be very repetitive but I like this track - 'My Ty She'
https://youtu.be/o0nZbt1Txsk
^I have one album of his which is a bit difficult to listen to. He doesn't believe in short tracks does he?! This one is compelling - sounds so seamless and otherworldly. I like it a lot. A real slow burn! Thanks for the post.
You definitely have a way with words. 'Slow burn' is a brilliant description for this music. Cuts to the chase. And I like it a lot as well - have listened to it a number of times over the last few days. Something about it just grabs me.
Largest attendance at an outdoor concert - Jean Michel Jarre - Moscow 1997 - 3.5 million people!
Breaking myself in on the topic of Electronica with a pair of hugely talented perfectionists, two of my all time favorites.

Emma Hewitt is my #1 female singer-songwriter across all music genre. She has some great live acoustic videos on youtube as well. But this is where I discovered her voice.

Serge Devant studied classical music in St Petersburg for 4 years before he moved to NYC to produce Trance/House music. Great move! I think this is "vocal Trance" but do I really care how it's labeled? Absolutely not.
3:55.....

My personal theme song ^.^ 
I'm pretty sure the Booka Shade remix is probably great too but I can never get past this club mix. It's like sacred or something.

The last 3.5 minutes are totally the best. 6:53, omg.

Motorcycle and me
Motorcycle set me free
My motorbike don't go too fast
Just sets me free

Motorcycle and me
Motorcycle set me free
My motorbike don't go too fast
Just sets me free
Just you and me
Just sets me free

Just set me high, hi-i-gh, hi-i-igh, hi-i-igh.....

I feel warm inside on my motorcycle
The wind is all around, we are free
Me..... and my motorcycle
We..... we are free
You set me high, hi-i-gh, hi-i-igh, hi-i-igh.....
You set me high

Just set me free, you and me
Just set me free, you and me
Just set me free, you and me.....
Don't look back
Keep on track to break the curse
Take the chance
Design your universe

~ Epica ~
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells III

Stumbled across the CD in the never ending unpacking and organising, and re-organising - aargh! Haven't listened to this in a long long time - loads of samples from his other works and not a patch on the original and II, but it's still very listenable and there are a couple of memorable tracks, like this one, that I used to play endlessly on the school run because the girls liked it to start their day ... 

Today's pick - https://youtu.be/iE59tCU4qB4
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD