Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Covid-19
Pfizer now talking about a third shot 6 to 12 months after the second one to boost protection. I don't see this whole thing ending anytime soon, maybe not ever.
And of course there is a fortune to be made by continuing to vaccinate the population on a regular basis. Big Pharma is laughing all the way to the bank. I am waiting to see what additional tax will be levied upon the working man to pay for all of this.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
Reply
That jab definitely caused some side effects for me. Blegh. Going away now, thankfully. 
I think you're right Jerome - this thing isn't going anywhere in the foreseeable future.
I suspect we might be for a prolonging of lockdown level 4, at least.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
^^
interesting on the 'side effects' Ruby...
i know probalby ten people who have had either Astra Zeneca or the Pfizer vaccine
none of the men have had side effects, yet ALL of the women have had them???
just an observation but....
makes me wonder if it has something to do with "menapause/pre-menapausal hormones" ???

seems a number of proposals are being talked about by Govt and private businesses here to work out incentives for people to get vaccinated,
some of the things being candidly discussed include but not limited to:

tax relief on those dreaded annual tax returns
discount airline tickets with Qantas (when things open back up)
first in options for various entertainment tickets (concert, sports etc)
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
^I've read that oestrogen elicits a stronger immune response which is why women seem to experience side effects more than men, but I'm not reading scientific journals and I can imagine that there are loads of factors that determine the correct answers to these suppositions, including reporting. Hopefully there will be definitive answers somewhere down the line!

On a different note - my daughter tells me that Malta is banning unvaccinated travelers - for now at any rate.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
187 million confirmed cases now:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?%20

and India is now only 4 million cases behind the US....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
dammit
come on U.S.

Reply
i know right....
LOL
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
(11-07-2021, 11:18)Music Head Wrote: dammit
come on U.S.

Brilliant! Can always rely on you to come up with the goods.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
Reply
188 million now...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
Look up 'gain of function' and see what the mad scientists are up to these days. No wonder we have a world-wide pandemic.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
Reply


Forum Jump: