Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musical Deaths 2022:
^^
nothing here
never heard of her

don't say it

Goodbye Ian McDonald - one of the founding members of King Crimson who went on to play with Foreigner, made one solo album and did a lot of other session and production work. He was a well respected multi-instrumentalist and seems to have been well liked. He'd had cancer - 75 years of age. R.I.P. 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Ah no - another one gone. The voice of Procol Harum. Rest in peace.  

Something a little off the beaten track ... the best of an otherwise abysmal offering by Alan Parsons ... the live version of "Limelight" from Stereotomy ... take a bow Mr Gary Brooker. 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
not the news i wanted to wake up to Sad

MARK LANEGAN  -  vocalist Queens Of The Stoneage

aged - 57

cause - n/a

the article:  Screaming Trees vocalist and Queens of the Stone Age member Mark Lanegan dies aged 57 (msn.com)

his Wiki:  Mark Lanegan - Wikipedia

i only know a handful of their singles, this is the best of the few IMO

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

(22-02-2022, 19:28)Ruby Wrote: Ah no - another one gone. The voice of Procol Harum. Rest in peace.  

Something a little off the beaten track ... the best of an otherwise abysmal offering by Alan Parsons ... the live version of "Limelight" from Stereotomy ... take a bow Mr Gary Brooker. 

Another one of the greats gone to that Great Gig in the Sky. I will always remember driving home from Intel early one winter morning just as the sun was coming up over the snowy linen lands and A Whiter Shade of Pale came on the radio. I stopped the car and turned the radio up full ball and just let the music flow across the fields. What a morning to remember! RIP Gary Brooker - your music will be heard for many years to come.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
^Vincent - snowy linen land. Such a great metaphor.
(23-02-2022, 04:40)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: ^^
not the news i wanted to wake up to Sad

MARK LANEGAN  -  vocalist Queens Of The Stoneage

aged - 57

cause - n/a

the article:  Screaming Trees vocalist and Queens of the Stone Age member Mark Lanegan dies aged 57 (msn.com)

his Wiki:  Mark Lanegan - Wikipedia

i only know a handful of their singles, this is the best of the few IMO

Very sorry about this. His voice was compelling. I stumbled upon him thanks to a kids album called Frog Trouble which I listened to, not thanks to any children, but because Ryan Adams is also on it and I liked that song - long story. Alison Krauss is there too. Anyway - I like some of Mark Lanegan's solo stuff, and that baritone, just hmmm. Damn. R.I.P. 

https://www.music-discussion.com/showthr...#pid124016

May not what he would have ideally wanted to be remembered for .... 

not really worthy of reporting but....

Baby Cino, a 20 year old rapper gets released from a Miami jail and is gunned down in a hail of bullets less than ten minutes later

the article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...-jail.html
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

TAYLOR HAWKINS   

aged: 50

drummer for Foo Fighters...

dude has a history of heroin abuse (as mentioned in Dave Grohl's autobiography last year)

the article:  "A tragic and untimely loss." Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins has died aged 50. (msn.com)

Foo's Wiki:  Foo Fighters - Wikipedia

his Wiki:  Taylor Hawkins - Wikipedia

only Foo fighters' song i am aware of him singing lead vocal on:

The newest person to go forward is country singer from the 1990s Jeff Carson. A heart attack is what took him and what's worse is his only being 58 years old. This song went all the way to #1 for him in 1995.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P454rMxel0

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Musical Deaths 2024: CRAZY-HORSE 32 3,258 07-09-2024, 08:50
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
Music Your Musical Quote of the Day Ruby 115 35,707 07-01-2024, 10:37
Last Post: Ruby
  Musical Deaths 2023: CRAZY-HORSE 78 13,829 27-12-2023, 05:45
  2022 EOY albums charts CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,061 13-01-2023, 12:36
  2022 EOY singles/songs lists CRAZY-HORSE 0 845 13-01-2023, 08:12