Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Born on this day ...
Happy 65th birthday to Vince Gill!

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Al Green (76)

thought he was gone

Loretta Lynn (90)

^^
nice one!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Bobby Vinton (87)

Would have been Gerry Rafferty’s 74th birthday today. He’s not in this thread – (he ended up in the other one – the ‘dead thread’ – twasn’t me – someone else coined that one - no prizes for guessing who! LOL!) but deserves a mention here IMHO. Brilliant songwriter, great musician, stroppy as hell, clever, disparaging and deeply suspicious of the biz, a perfectionist, an alcoholic with a sometimes nasty streak, shy of public appearances, and despite all that, he had such a deep and sensitive understanding of what touches people and makes us tick - maybe that was a massive burden - who can tell? We are shaped by all manner of things, it's an endless puzzle. He produced a phenomenal body of work most of which is absolutely lovely, not to mention well produced. Such a shame – a huge and troubled talent. I’m listening to one of my favourite albums, North & South, in honour of the occasion …

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Alan Price (80)

Johnny Tillotson (84)

Robert David Rothstein, much better known as Rob Stoner was born on this day in 1948, in Manhattan, New York. Havin' a lazy moment, plus we are back on stage 4 loadshedding - 7.5 hours of the day with no electricity! Sooooo - have an interview ...  Smile

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
oh no, thats not good at all Ruby...

also, just curious, do your main powerlines to residences run above ground or below ground??
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born To Run vs American Girl Sir_Farty_Fartsalot 2 1,915 01-10-2014, 02:34
Last Post: Jerome
  See what Country song was #1 on the day you were born Neil Cossar 2 1,430 08-04-2014, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  Positive realization: Born in the best era for music enjoyment Drealm 14 4,098 20-04-2012, 01:35
Last Post: SteveO
  THE CULT - Born Into This (2007) SteveO 0 1,242 18-02-2012, 18:22
Last Post: SteveO