Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Born on this day ...
Jimmy Gilmer (82)

Fee Waybill (72)

Frankie Avalon (82)

thought he was long gone

David Bromberg (77)

Had to dig deep to find a birthday person who a) is still with us and who I haven't already put in this thread, and b) holds any form of interest! It's a desert out there. Anyhoo ...

Jeffrey Robin Jones, aka Jeff Jones was born on this day in 1953 in Chicago, Illinois but appears to have done most of his growing in London, Ontario, Canada. He started out as a bassist with Rush but by the time their second performance rolled around, he was let go and Geddy Lee replaced him. He had felt like going to a party rather than playing the gig. Lol! Ah well – despite his obvious preference for a good time uber alles, he did manage to become a member of very successful gospel rock band, Ocean, about whom I know diddly, and when they folded in 1975, he went on to join a band called Red Rider who had a big fat hit with “Lunatic Fringe”. Still works with the head honcho of that outfit, Tom Cochrane, in his solo capacity, and also with a Toronto band who call themselves The Carpet Frogs. Lofty stuff!! 

Going with a live clip because it’s funner …

A snippet about the song from Wiki … https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunatic_Fringe_(song)

"Guitarist Tom Cochrane wrote the song after becoming concerned about a resurgence of anti-Semitism in the 1970s, and was also inspired after reading a book about Raoul Wallenberg, who rescued Jews from The Holocaust during World War II.[3] Some sources[example needed] have incorrectly cited the murder of John Lennon as the song's primary inspiration; Cochrane had already written the song before Lennon was killed, but recorded the song's first demo the evening of the murder. He has stated that his feelings about the event, and how it echoed the theme of his song, galvanized him to release the song as a single despite advice from the record label that the song was not commercial enough.[4]"
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Don Felder (75)

just fuckin awesome

Nick Cave (65)

Yesterday was Faith Hill's 55th birthday.

God bless you and Faith and her family always!!!

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Bruce Springsteen (73)

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Steve Boone (79)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born To Run vs American Girl Sir_Farty_Fartsalot 2 1,915 01-10-2014, 02:34
Last Post: Jerome
  See what Country song was #1 on the day you were born Neil Cossar 2 1,430 08-04-2014, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  Positive realization: Born in the best era for music enjoyment Drealm 14 4,098 20-04-2012, 01:35
Last Post: SteveO
  THE CULT - Born Into This (2007) SteveO 0 1,242 18-02-2012, 18:22
Last Post: SteveO