Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Born on this day ...
Stewart Goddard  aka  ADAM ANT (67)

started life a s a bassist for a UK punk band...
then formed his own band Adam & The Ants after seeing Sex Pistols perform...
unique thing about his band at the time was having two drummers to create rhythmic tribal beats...
they created their own unique sound and were huge in Europe and Australasia during the New Wave/Post-New Wave period of the early 1980s..
also known for their flambouant videos and costume design intigrating the allure of pirates and other UK folklore from the Middle Ages.
at the height of their success Adam split the band and went solo with varying degrees of success over the next 15 or so years...
he also spent time in and out of rehab facilities for mental health issues and is now a leading campaigner for the disease in his homeland to highlight the seriousness of the problem in society.

anyway, his debut solo single:

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Lulu (74)

my favourite of hers:

They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Delbert McClinton (82)

^^^ I love his "Tell Me About It" duet with Tanya Tucker!

God bless you and him and Miss T always!!!

Holly (a fan of her since 1991)
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
PETER NOONE  (74)

vocals for 1960s Invasion band Herman's Hermits.
dude is still performing on the Vegas circuit to this day making a decent living.

i totally love this band.
couldnt decide which track to post so i posted the first one that came up on YT when i typed in their name.

Art Garfunkel (81)

Johnny Rivers (80)

ROY WOOD  (76)

founding member singer/songwriter for The Move and early ELO.
left ELO after disagreement with Jeff Lynne over the  musical direction of their seocnd album.
went on to form Glam band Wizzard and achieved huge success in the UK with them and as a solo artist during the 1970s.
still performs to this day and his mid '70s Christmas hit "i wish it could be Christmas everyday" still makes the UK top-20 on an annual basis decade-in, decade-out.

his first solo UK #1 hit from 1973.

Rickie Lee Jones (68)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born To Run vs American Girl Sir_Farty_Fartsalot 2 1,915 01-10-2014, 02:34
Last Post: Jerome
  See what Country song was #1 on the day you were born Neil Cossar 2 1,430 08-04-2014, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  Positive realization: Born in the best era for music enjoyment Drealm 14 4,098 20-04-2012, 01:35
Last Post: SteveO
  THE CULT - Born Into This (2007) SteveO 0 1,242 18-02-2012, 18:22
Last Post: SteveO