Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Born on this day ...
Bette Midler (77)

^^
i love Bette's cover of a cover of a cover of a cover of a cover....

this is the original which i also love by Malaysian born Kamahl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aw-M8QDk8g
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Nelly Furtado  (44)

i was a big fan of her debut album (Whoa, Nelly) but it was, sadly, all downhill after that one for me.

always loved her debut single and still do.

They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Britney Spears (41)

Ozzy Osbourne (74)

Gary Rossington  (71)

guitarist,
founding member of Southern Rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd.
only original member still touring with them also...

and i dont need no reason to play this track, a great live version of this rock classic.

Happy Birthday to Craig Doerge who was born on this day in 1944, in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. He is session musician (keysman and songwriter) and appears on all the best albums by CSN and their various incarnations as well as one CSN&Y (not their best) and what I would say are the best of Jackson Browne’s catalogue too. He also did a stretch with James Taylor and appears on many, many other albums by various artists from Linda Ronstadt to Shawn Phillips, Willie Nelson, Barbra Streisand and beyond, collaborating in songwriting on some of them too. He founded The Section which was a session supergroup comprising himself, Leland Sklar, Russ Kunkel and Danny Kortchmar – they made three albums and Doerge also released a single solo eponymously titled album in 1973. He was married to lyricist Judy Henske who died earlier this year.

I listened to the solo album in honour of the occasion. Pretty good on the whole and has held up over time with the exception of one or maybe two questionable tracks. Helped along by Jim Keltner, Messrs Kunkel, Kortchmar and Sklar, his wife providing lyrics, and several other recognisable names from that era.

Very much a James Taylor vibe happening here …

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Freddy Cannon (82)

Jim Messina (75)

Rick Buckler  (67)

drummer for The Jam.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born To Run vs American Girl Sir_Farty_Fartsalot 2 1,915 01-10-2014, 02:34
Last Post: Jerome
  See what Country song was #1 on the day you were born Neil Cossar 2 1,430 08-04-2014, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  Positive realization: Born in the best era for music enjoyment Drealm 14 4,098 20-04-2012, 01:35
Last Post: SteveO
  THE CULT - Born Into This (2007) SteveO 0 1,242 18-02-2012, 18:22
Last Post: SteveO