Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
[Image: 220px-Elvis_Presley_original_LP_cover_fo...ine%22.jpg]

ELVIS PRESLEY  "his hand in mine"  vinyl/cd, 1960.

his fifth studio album but first "songs of praise" album...
not his first venture into Gospel territory as he did release an "ep" in 1957 called "peace in the valley", so his musical influences and loves were well known back then...
a masterclass of the genre for sure, 
every song is brilliant IMO from the solemn piano ballads to the rambunctious Gospel singalongs...
love the backing vocals from The Jordanaires whose sound certainly enhanced Presley's tracks to a different level.
I LOVE THIS ALBUM

the title track:

and one of the more uptempo Gospel sing-a-long foot-tappers...

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Today's pick - https://youtu.be/2KpNzalFKPo
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
^^
im not a huge fan of Clannad/Enya but some of their material is breathtaking
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Makes two of us. Don't like most of their stuff but the track I posted is haunting. I like a couple of Enya tracks here and there but she can get a bit repetitive.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
One of my faves - https://youtu.be/oTY3BE1hSO8

Ruby you need to get this album. I am convinced you will enjoy it. A lady friend of mine bought me this for my birthday many moons ago. Excellent album.
Today's pick - three masters together - https://youtu.be/qNhSMkleIAA
(06-09-2022, 09:02)JeromeD Wrote: One of my faves - https://youtu.be/oTY3BE1hSO8

Ruby you need to get this album. I am convinced you will enjoy it. A lady friend of mine bought me this for my birthday many moons ago. Excellent album.

Thanks for the recommendation Jerome. I will seek it out. Listened to the excerpts I could find - definitely enjoyed what I heard!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
i know the track Zakir, a lovely piece of music IMO

[Image: 220px-King_Stingray_album.png]

KING STINGRAY  "king stingray" 2022

from one of the EOY "best of" lists...
Aussie indi-rock band...
debut album...
Indigenous band incorporating both traditional Aboriginal instruments with accepted rock instruments...
also flits between englinsh language and their traditional dialect in the songs so World Music is where it sits most comfortably IMO...
nothing bad on here but a lot of it i simply do not understand.
I LIKE THIS ALBUM

lead off single:
cool in-studio live version:

[Image: 220px-Thewailerscatchafire.jpg]

BOB MARLEY & THE WAILERS  "catch a fire" cd, 1973

their fifth studio album...
first on "island records" and first from my new box set of his "island records" albums...
first album to chart anywhere also (#171 US)...
had a single from the album too, Stir It Up, but that failed to chart yet we all know it...
typical reggae sounds on here, but what else is there, reggae only has one sound and when it evolves it becomes UB40 pop...
the first two tracks were pretty weak IMO but it was all uphill after that it was surprisingly good...
I LIKE THIS ALBUM

after a first up listen this one was my favourite tune: