Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Still listening to this one since it is still queued up in my iTunes:

Gui Boratto - Opus 17 from Take My Breath Away [Kompakt, 2009]
DJ Sprinkles - Grand Central - Part 2 (72 Hrs. By Rail From Missouri) from Midtown 120 Blues [Mule Musiq, 2009]

Resident Advisor's #1 album of 2009. DJ Sprinkle mixed their 1st podcast of 2010 under the name Terre Thaemlitz. The mix is not house music, like 120 Blues, but instead features "acoustic-electro ambient" music.
Tiggi Wrote:Bent - Programmed to Love

Recommended to me ages ago by an MDer, must say I like it a lot.

Still great - innit?! :biggrin1:
dogbreath Wrote:Still great - innit?! :biggrin1:

Duuuuuude, Where you been ??

Hope this is more than a fleeting visit, Steve :wink:
Tiggi Wrote:Duuuuuude, Where you been ??

Hope this is more than a fleeting visit, Steve :wink:

Hi Tiggi! Spending a lot of time on my local town forum over the past few years. You know, culture, heritage and all that crap! :biggrin:

Will try to pop in here more often, but t'other place takes up a lot of my time.

Hope you, Tony and Jon (apologies if I've missed anyone out) are all doing fine?! I'm still in email contact with Beachie.

Just about to check out Jons reccie, Gui Baratta - Take My Breath Away (2009). Got an ear for a good choon has our Jon! Cool
dogbreath Wrote:Just about to check out Jons reccie, Gui Baratta - Take My Breath Away (2009). Got an ear for a good choon has our Jon! Cool
Great to see you! I hope you visit more often. Boratto may not be your cup of tea. You'll probably enjoy what I'm currently listening to:

Richard Skelton - Pariah from Landings [Type Records, 2009]

Also, peruse the "Best of 2009" thread paying special attention to the textura.org list. And, if you can be so kind, post your own list of favorites from 2009.
Venetian Snares - Deadman DJ
Martin Schulte - Grey & Cold from Selected Moments II [Shoreless Recordings, 2009]
White Rainbow - Major Spillage from New Clouds [Kranky, 2009]

I'm not sure if this one belongs here on the Alt/Indie board. The album is made of four tracks, the shortest of which is 12+ minutes long. I think of the music as psychedelic, ambient, abstract music. Wordless vocals, processed guitar, synths, etc.
dogbreath Wrote:Hi Tiggi! Spending a lot of time on my local town forum over the past few years. You know, culture, heritage and all that crap! :biggrin:

Will try to pop in here more often, but t'other place takes up a lot of my time.

Hope you, Tony and Jon (apologies if I've missed anyone out) are all doing fine?! I'm still in email contact with Beachie.

Just about to check out Jons reccie, Gui Baratta - Take My Breath Away (2009). Got an ear for a good choon has our Jon! Cool

Not got round to Gui Baratta, yet! It's in my queue!!

Don't really listen to music that is necessarily current or new, so I'd be hard pressed to tell you which music of 2009 has impressed.

But, I can tell you what's floating my boat at the moment!

Jean-Michel - Tons Of Fun (2008)

Reminds me very much of The Avalanches.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD