Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Musical Deaths 2025
#51
ACE FREHLEY  

aged:  74

cause:  bleeding on brain after fall

article:  KISS guitarist Ace Frehley dies aged 74 after brain bleed | New Idea

orignal lead guitarist for glam rock band KISS

he was the 'spaceman' with the smoking guitar that shot rockets from its neck
iconic and innovative musician who played by 'feel' over precision

he also designed their lightning bolt logo

RIP ACE

as a tribute:



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#52
DAVE BALL

aged:  66

cause: not disclosed

multi instrumentalist, record producer and half of the 80s synth-pop duo Soft Cell ith Marc Almond

article:  Soft Cell star Dave Ball dies aged 66

Wiki:  David Ball (electronic musician) - Wikipedia

as a tribute, their biggest hit which was a cover but they made it their own for sure



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#53
TODD SNIDER

aged:  59

cause: complications after injuries sustained in assault

article:  Beloved music star Todd Snider dies at 59 after violent assault - The Mirror

Wiki:   Todd Snider - Wikipedia

i always thought of him being a "novelty" cross between John Prine and Jimmy Buffett

love his humour and social commentary:



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#54
Goodbye Jimmy Cliff - R.I.P. Best known for "Many Rivers to Cross" - he was a reggae artist and held the Jamaican  Order of Merit - the highest accolade afforded for achievements in the arts and sciences. I'm sure there will be much mourning at this passing both in Kingston and around the world. He had a natural equanimity not granted to many! I loved Cool Runnings, so it's this one for me today ... 



"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
#55
^^
so sad to hear, Jimmy Cliff was one of those "mr cool" guys

RIP Jimmy, love this live version with Jools Holland:



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#56
STEVE "the colonel" CROPPER

aged:  84

cause:  complications after a recent fall at home

article:  Steve Cropper, guitarist and songwriter of Booker T and the MG.'s and Blues Brothers fame, dies at 84

original member of the Stax House Band:  Booker T & The MG's
went on to work with a who's who of the music industry
well respected through the industry, a journeyman, songwriter and multi-Grammy award winning artist

RIP Colonel Cropper



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#57
CHRIS REA

aged: 74


cause:  undisclosed but he had been ill for a long time

article:   Chris Rea dies aged 74

Wiki:  Chris Rea - Wikipedia

one of those guitarists whose sound was instantly recognisable and an artist im yet to hear a bad album by

as a tribute and becuase it is a couple of days away from Christmas:



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#58
Mr Rea will be sorely missed. And that song is about the only Xmas song I can listen to.

A couple of my faves of his

https://youtu.be/cHlwmqOCyCc?si=VzRhLhnmpGuSSQKy

https://youtu.be/sRjm5ZGNMLQ?si=MD5nOHKUFN_ycg3F

https://youtu.be/FcAqeJW0KPg?si=tRWv-0aXydIz3O82
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
Reply
#59
Rest well Chris Rea – very sad news indeed. The reluctant rock star who showed amazing fortitude and resilience in the face of truly extreme health issues. An honest, unpretentious man who put his family first and who had no trouble following his very own path. I think I’m going to wallow in Chris Rea things for a while – have been, in fact! Some quotes that struck me – from clips on YT …
 
“I don’t see creativity as a talent, I see creativity as a condition – a dangerous creative condition, and it’s very similar to autism, I think. And as long as I’m writing something or making something I’m ok – I’m happy.”

“I play music because I love music. That’s what I do on a day off. I feel as if I haven’t had a shower, if I haven’t played some music before I actually go into the world for that new day."

And this from a 1992 interview with John Pidgeon - http://www.chrisrea.biz/int4.htm about the origin of the album name, which I had kinda wondered about, and which has “Nothing to Fear” on it … God's Great Banana Skin

"The original spark of the idea came from one of my daughters who was about to laugh at somebody who'd been giving her a hard time, slipped on the banana skin so to speak, and I told her not to laugh, "don't laugh when people go down even if they've been awful to you because you're tempting God to throw you a banana skin". I didn't realise what I'd said and then regretted it deeply when she asked me what I meant which took a lot of doing, and within half an hour of that situation, the song's there. It's one of those instant ideas. And it's half moral and it's half superstition. Anybody who's done me a disservice in life, and I see them go down, you get tempted to laugh, I don't know whether it's superstition or not, or I daren't laugh just in case God throws me a banana skin as well.”





... and Auberge is an alltime favourite - just love the philosophy behind this one ... R.I.P ... may as well go fishin' ... 



"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Musical Deaths 2026 CRAZY-HORSE 34 5,212 26-09-2026, 11:42
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Crazy's 2025 New Release purchases CRAZY-HORSE 19 4,732 27-12-2025, 10:38
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Billboard Music Charts For 2025 Music Head 75 63,665 23-12-2025, 13:26
Last Post: Music Head
Music Your Musical Quote of the Day Ruby 116 58,951 29-01-2025, 19:55
Last Post: Ruby
  Musical Deaths 2024: CRAZY-HORSE 44 12,937 19-12-2024, 18:14
Last Post: Ruby
  Musical Deaths 2023: CRAZY-HORSE 78 28,187 27-12-2023, 05:45
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Musical Deaths 2022: CRAZY-HORSE 95 28,088 09-01-2023, 15:22
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  Musical Deaths 2021: CRAZY-HORSE 72 22,780 23-12-2021, 12:03
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  My musical tunes and their unrealized greatness Transcended Dimensions 7 4,797 04-08-2021, 09:47
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  MUSICAL DEATHS 2020: CRAZY-HORSE 124 48,622 29-12-2020, 12:19
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: