Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Portishead - Third

Long wait for this album, but it is very good !!
Anders Ilar - Tomorrow Never Came off of Sworn [Level Records, 2008]

Ilar is possibly my favorite electronic musician. Sworn is his latest full-length. I have about twenty of his singles, EPs and albums.
JonG Wrote:Anders Ilar - Tomorrow Never Came off of Sworn [Level Records, 2008]

Ilar is possibly my favorite electronic musician. Sworn is his latest full-length. I have about twenty of his singles, EPs and albums.

Hi Jon,

Out of curiosity regarding what you're listening to now, I've just been checking out some of Ilar's stuff, and it's quite appealling. AllMusic list several other albums, are these just compilations or remixes ??

Anyway, it got me to thinking about another of your recommendations of some time ago: Fennesz. If I recall, I found his music quite austere & that surprised you. I've just given him another brief listen, and think I may be coming round to his way of doing things. Still a bit of an acquired taste, but I might be acquiring it !!

Any other current electronica recommendations I should have a listen to ??
Tiggi Wrote:...been checking out some of Ilar's stuff, and it's quite appealling. AllMusic list several other albums, are these just compilations or remixes ??

Any other current electronica recommendations I should have a listen to ??
I'm not sure what you mean by "several other albums". A more complete list of his releases can be found at digcogs.com/artist/Anders+Ilar. It also specifies if the release is a 12", EP, LP or CD.

If you're liking him I recommend checking out artists like Lawrence, Claro Intelecto, Arctic Hospital, and Pantha Du Prince.
Heartthrob - Out of Here from Dear Painter, Paint Me [M_nus, 2008]
Matthias Meyer - Tout Va Bien off of the Tout Va Bien/The Anger 12" [liebe*detail, 2008]
Alavaz Relxib Cirdec - Live Private Booths (long version)
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Coil - Fire of the Mind
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
tobias. - Beat Study Two from the I Can't Fight the Feeling 12" [Wagon Repair, 2008]
Aphex Twin- I Care Because You Do

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD