Posts: 14
Threads: 0
Joined: Jan 2008
I like reading, though haven't done much of that lately since getting Netflix back in October :tongue:, which leads me to watching movies and TV shows I've missed over the past almost 10 years of not having cable. (Currently I'm going through the West Wing on DVD and the X-Files on instant watch.)
I also like Euro strategy games like Carcassonne and Settlers of Catan, Farmville and Pet Society on Facebook :nod:, foreign languages (German is my favorite), and working on my websites.
Posts: 838
Threads: 11
Joined: Jan 2008
I read quite a bit. Non-ficition, magazines and comicbooks. I don't read that many novels.
I watch a lot of movies. I try to see a movie a week either in the theater or at home. I much prefer the theater but I don't always find the time. I saw Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Män Som Hatar Kvinnor) in the theater last Saturday.
I appreciate good craft beer, fine wine and spirits. I love to eat out and try new foods. I cook some as well.
Finally, I make my living at photography.
Posts: 19
Threads: 3
Joined: Feb 2010
Besides music, I enjoy postcrossing (exchanging postcards with people around the world), cycling, hiking, reading causeries and going to flea markets.
Posts: 61
Threads: 5
Joined: Oct 2009
Other interests somewhat limited these days due to becoming disabled. Used to LOVE my gardening but absolute no-no now, and of course my linedancing, used to go three or four times a week, sometimes have a cry at not being able to do that!
On a brighter note, love knitting, cooking (waistline getting a bit too big though!) and hope to learn how to do quilting and use up all these pieces of materials I keep hoarding.
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
Sorry to hear about your disability, Em...
How about knitting us all a Music Discussion bobble hat in time for next Winter ??
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
Emillu Wrote:Other interests somewhat limited these days due to becoming disabled. Used to LOVE my gardening but absolute no-no now, and of course my linedancing, used to go three or four times a week, sometimes have a cry at not being able to do that!
On a brighter note, love knitting, cooking (waistline getting a bit too big though!) and hope to learn how to do quilting and use up all these pieces of materials I keep hoarding.
you and my wife would be bff's
Posts: 212
Threads: 27
Joined: Mar 2009
watching Scifi on TV (Doctor Who, Torchwood, Being Human) plus other great TV drama (eg. Skins). I also like to read scifi, fantasy and also non-fiction (science and history mostly). I like to walk in natural places (mainly parks and along the canal here in Manchester but I come from the country and used to love walking in the fields - and occasionally woodlands). I also write fantasy and science fiction - and I've started volunteering for a community radio station, doing my own little music show which I love.
that's about it really. I don't get out much :-(
Posts: 201
Threads: 19
Joined: Apr 2010
Emillu Wrote:... and hope to learn how to do quilting and use up all these pieces of materials I keep hoarding.
I use up scrap materials making morsbags (I have my own pod), and also doing appliqué...I've broken 3 sewing machines so far :biggrin:
Posts: 61
Threads: 5
Joined: Oct 2009
pennywill Wrote:I use up scrap materials making morsbags (I have my own pod), and also doing appliqué...I've broken 3 sewing machines so far :biggrin:
What are morsbags?
Really would like to start doing something constructive with my time but can't make up my mind what!:confused: