Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
[Image: ap8dx5.jpg]

Thomas Köner - Firn from Permafrost [Type Records, 2010 / Barooni, 1993]

"...stoic, subdued and static, bearing a glacial composure that deserts submerged gong harmonics in favour of breathtaking shadowy resonance; barely tangible gaseous textures that emerge from the speakers like a ghoulish haar rolling in from the north atlantic ocean. His painterly use of silence is so crucial to creating these lucid ecologies of darkness, using infrasonic frequencies on the edge of human audition to chill us from the marrow out, frequencies which enter at the subatomic level to subliminally trigger the body's own fear responses without them even realising. It takes a mind of unrivaled restraint and unblinkered vision to explore these places, and even more so to deliver this with a narrative, which no matter how abstract, will relate the most hushed and harrowing tones to anyone willing to engage them..." - boomkat
The Prodigy, a mix of songs from Music for the Jilted Generation and Fat of the Land
[Image: autechre-move-of-ten.jpg]

Autechre - no border from Move Of Ten [Warp Records, 2010]
Greg Davis - Radiance Reveal from Various Artists: 10 Years Of Room40 [Room40, 2010]

Room40 is one of my favorite electronic labels. It has released work by artists such as Davis, eRikm, Taylor Dupree, Sebastien Roux, Xiu Xiu, Grouper, Tim Hecker, DJ Olive and Ben Frost. The label is Australian and run by the artist Lawrence English.
Bernard Parmegiani - Sonore, Troisième Mouvement
Cetu Javu--"Have In Mind"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C1q1-kAeJM
[Image: Matthew-Dear-Black-City.jpg]

Matthew Dear - Shortwave from Black City [Ghostly International, 2010]

He is one of my favorites in the techno field. He sings on most of his songs. And they are songs more than tracks, and the albums are albums not compilations of singles like many electronic albums. His first full length, Leave Luck to Heaven [2003] introduced me to what is now one of my favorite records labels, Ghostly International. I've seen him live once and DJ twice. Black City is his latest album. It came out this week.
Very interesting IDM artist. Just discovered today, after strangely someone compared him to Robert Fripp on Last FM!

[Image: watch?v=odAni_-Ftf4][video=youtube;odAni_-Ftf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odAni_-Ftf4[/video]
Mr.Soul Wrote:Very interesting IDM artist. Just discovered today, after strangely someone compared him to Robert Fripp on Last FM!

I don't know what Prefuse 73 has in common with Robert Fripp. I've been listening to him since 2003 when he released One Word Extinguisher. That is still my favorite album by him. Everything he's released since under this alias is similar and it bores me now. I still enjoy what he does in his duo Savath y Savalas.
Ed Rush and Optical - Wormhole

(current track 'splinter')

bit of dark drum 'n' bass, I love itCool:music::evil:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD