Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best places to download music?
#21
Merlin Wrote:Limewire, Funky Torrents, ISOHUNT, Demonoid and Mininova for me :innocent:

Hi,

Limewire and Torrents are the best resources to download songs.

I mostly prefer Limewire to download my favorite tracks.
Reply
#22
I used to use a site called "Multiply" (Similar to myspace but with a music sharing feature), but then they disabled the Sharing feature.

Now I just use google, but it has a limited variety.
Reply
#23
well..personally I prefer to use torrents for downloading music..yes..they are the best resource ever..limewire is good too..usually the torrent sites I mostly prefer for are demonoid and mininova, but I guess to download music one has to taste the offering from piratebay first..
"never met a wiseman if so it's a woman!"
Reply
#24
sade Wrote:well..personally I prefer to use torrents for downloading music..yes..they are the best resource ever..limewire is good too..usually the torrent sites I mostly prefer for are demonoid and mininova, but I guess to download music one has to taste the offering from piratebay first..
Okay this is gonna sound like a dumb question but, how do you use pirate bay anyway?
Reply
#25
Well, you need a torrent client... (uTorrent is recommended)... And then you go to the torrent of your choose, hit download, and then open it with the torrent client in question.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#26
Kochie Wrote:Okay this is gonna sound like a dumb question but, how do you use pirate bay anyway?

Thanks Established Member. Hope that solves Kochie's problem.

anyway, as am feeling a bit more energetic I like to add some more things.
Pirate Bay's site:- http://thepiratebay.org/
Enter your search term in the search box provided, for example:- "nine inch nails with teeth".
The search results will come up with type, name, time of upload, total size, number of seeders and leechers.
You click on your most preferred item there. Make an intelligent choice. When downloading a torrent, look for the most number of seeders for a particular torrent file. Size and the filetype also plays a role. Never ever trust files with .rar extension. They mostly are fakes and can contain unwanted files.
whatever, on the next page, you should find "download this torrent" link and click it.
a .torrent file gets downloaded.
get a torrent client, preferably µTorrent or BitTorrent.
open the .torrent file with the client of your choice.
you're done. Just wait for the file to get downloaded.

Optional:- You could help others by seeding the downloaded file even if it's completely downloaded. Sharing is Fun.:innocent:


Sorry for the too long post. Hope other members just will not get angry and swear over me.:Wink:
"never met a wiseman if so it's a woman!"
Reply
#27
It's okay I found another site, GrabThatMusic.com
Reply
#28
sade Wrote:well..personally I prefer to use torrents for downloading music..yes..they are the best resource everusually the torrent sites I mostly prefer for are demonoid and mininova, but I guess to download music one has to taste the offering from piratebay first..

I use torrents for full discographies only. Single albums are hardly being seeded.

sade Wrote:usually the torrent sites I mostly prefer for are demonoid and mininova, but I guess to download music one has to taste the offering from piratebay first..

Check out www.torrentz.com . It's a torrent search engine. It scans several torrent sites like Pirate Bay, Mininova, Demonoid, Sumotorrent etc.

sade Wrote:..limewire is good too..

Only useful for single tracks.

I prefer direct downloads from rapidshare/mediafire/megaupload. A good way of finding downloads is to google "[insert album/artist name here] + [insert random file host here]". Other good ways of finding music to download is to look up some blogs.
Reply
#29
Iota Wrote:I prefer direct downloads from rapidshare/mediafire/megaupload. A good way of finding downloads is to google "[insert album/artist name here] + [insert random file host here]". Other good ways of finding music to download is to look up some blogs.

I second these two ways. Which are related because music download blogs host their files on sites like rapidshare and megaupload. There are many good blogs that post links to single songs and a few that link to whole albums. These are my two big sources of music after Soulseek.
Reply
#30
JonG Wrote:There are many good blogs that post links to single songs and a few that link to whole albums.

There a more than a few that link to whole albums. Blogs and Sordo are my sources for music (I rarely use torrents).
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,662 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,420 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,962 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,815 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,797 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,415 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,673 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,206 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,703 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: