05-11-2010, 09:37
Anybody into Mr Batt's stuff?
|
Mike Batt
|
|
05-11-2010, 09:37
Anybody into Mr Batt's stuff?
05-11-2010, 15:42
Not at all, but whatever his role has been with Katie Melua, I like her work...
05-11-2010, 16:36
I don't have much by him. 'Waves', Schizophonia' & 'Caravans' the latter being my favourite.
07-01-2011, 14:08
who is he.i do no not know him
07-01-2011, 14:35
07-01-2011, 16:14
^ Remember you're a Womble...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
Unknown
I'M NOT A WOMBLE!!! A lot of people cannot relate to MB's music - it's too diverse, but if you ever have the opportunity listen to his sonic interpretation of waves on the album of the same name. I have never heard someone describe the motion of waves as perfectly as he has done. Also Caravans is just awesome. An absolute masterpiece for this 'non-genre'.
Here's one from Schizophonia - The Ride to Agadir - which I will be visiting this year. Hashish here we come! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLBlep6ypsQ
07-01-2011, 17:57
I have actually seen MB conduct one of the London orchestra's at a free open air "gig" in my home town, to celebrate the opening of the Channel Tunnel.
Reading up on him, I find he's far more successful than I'd realised...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
Unknown
07-01-2011, 18:06
A lot of people do not realise how much he has contributed to modern music. 'Watership Down', Katie Melua etc, etc. But I have to say he is totally unpredictable - as is his music. A rough diamond if ever there was one.
21-02-2014, 00:11
Let's see--in the last 40+ years he's put out 24 albums, so somebody must like him. Here's AMG on 2 later albums: http://www.allmusic.com/album/tarot-suite-mw0000836806 and http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-huntin...0000439708
Somebody want to sample his post-1988 material and get back to us? I'm not batty myself... |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
|
|
Mike Tyson- boxing legend | sing-a-long | 1 | 1,236 |
21-11-2023, 12:50 Last Post: Music Head |
| News from Mike Oldfield | Jerome | 2 | 2,914 |
29-10-2017, 13:19 Last Post: Jerome |
|
| Mike the microphone! funny speed art XD | someDude | 0 | 1,319 |
27-11-2014, 18:32 Last Post: someDude |
|
| Mike Oldfield | Jerome | 6 | 3,196 |
20-01-2013, 02:01 Last Post: R_burke |
|
| Court trial over ELO cellist Mike Edwards' death (BBC Website) | gryphon | 4 | 2,526 |
03-12-2011, 22:10 Last Post: gryphon |
|
| Mike Tyson and Dubya skit | CRAZY-HORSE | 1 | 1,442 |
04-03-2011, 13:36 Last Post: Tiggi |
|
| Mike Myers | ambernector | 1 | 2,772 |
08-01-2008, 03:07 Last Post: JonG |
|