Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Neue Wiener Schule-Arbold Schoenberg

Brilliance

actually, **** that, brilliance isn't even close to being an apt word to describe this
The Mozart's big mass in C minor, one of the deepest composition of the musician in terms of writing and emotion.
I've been digging way through a ten disc collection by the composer Lawrence D. "Butch" Morris. His pieces ("conductions" as he caalls them) are equal part microtonal minimalism and avant garde jazz. That may sound really gimmicky, but trust me, it's not at all, it works incredbly well. So far I'm four discs in, and I find it quite rewarding
Try John Adams - Nixon in China ....minimalist modern opera as well as Philip Glass modern opera - Akhnaten !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
For modern composers (twentieth century) I recommend Karlheinz Stockhausen ......Hymnen and Stimmung are fun to listen to and particularly good !
mtthwibrahim Wrote:Neue Wiener Schule-Arbold Schoenberg

Brilliance

actually, **** that, brilliance isn't even close to being an apt word to describe this
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Brahms Symphony No 4 in E minor, conducted by the mighty Karajan

I don't think I need to say anything more
Edgar Vares's complete works

I really don'tknow how I feel about this. Hopefully it'll grow on me, because I really want to like it
Feldman's "For Philip Guston"

I believe I've already talked about this one before, it's one of the most emotionally stirring compositions I've ever heard, and it's not even the man's best. It's four hours long, so I rarely have time for the whole thing, but the length is more than justified
I'm going for the 9 Symphonies again. I know I've made some negative remarks about Beethoven, but those were bullshit. I always felt they needed to be listened to as one whole, not just the 5th and 9th ones individually.

Also, the one I'm playing right now is conducted by Karajan, so you know it's legit
Listening to Lawerence D. "Butch" Morris again, what a composer. He sounds like a cross between Iannis Xenakis and John Coltrane