Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
songs of summer
#1
lots of folks relate a particular song to summertime......saw a list in the local rag for this years list with carly rae jepsen's "call me maybe" as the leader in the clubhouse for song of summer 2012
Reply
#2
To me "Pontoon" from Little Big Town is the summer song this year in country music.

God bless you and LBT always!!!

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Reply
#3
Summer in the City by the Lovin" Spoonful is a great summer song along with a lot of Beach Boys songs!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#4
I don't know why but i always get an itch for stevie wonder when summertime comes around
Reply
#5
Awesome song and my all time favorite Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69..


I got my first real six-string
Bought it at the five-and-dime
Played it till my fingers bled
Was the summer of '69

Me and some guys from school
Had a band and we tried real hard
Jimmy quit, Jody got married
Shoulda known, we'd never get far

Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Yeah, I'd always want to be there
Those were the best days of my life
Reply
#6
lol call me maybe has to be one of the worst songs i have ever had the misfortune of hearing (yes i know i like Hanson).

my song of this (non) summer seems to be What if by The Mars Patrol.

"what, what if I took the risk, would I be dismissed?".

seems to be the theme tune of my life right now. Taking risks is something I am doing alot of at the moment, having self published a bok of poetry, trying to pick ,yself up after my dad passed away last month. I think its quite apt to be honest Smile
Reply
#7
anything by the beach boys
Reply
#8
^^^ I like the Beach Boys as my answer too. Also The Kinks Smile Come Dancing, Apeman make me feel summery for some reason and Bob Marley.
Reply
#9
Awesome tunes guys, also like Mongo Jerry-In The Summertime.

http://youtu.be/wvUQcnfwUUM

And another from Katrina and the Waves.

http://youtu.be/iPUmE-tne5U
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  recalling songs on an album THUNDER 4 3,548 03-05-2023, 08:09
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Your favorite songs/instrumentals from videogames? Miriam Jordan 2 2,320 14-04-2020, 16:18
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  alphavetical 1970s songs game: CRAZY-HORSE 26 11,795 17-08-2017, 11:46
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Another songs like gorillaz-feel good inc??? miss021019 0 2,405 02-12-2016, 14:15
Last Post: miss021019
  Where do you look for notes or tabs unknown songs? artemsav4465 0 1,695 21-12-2015, 21:06
Last Post: artemsav4465
  Find me 4 more different type songs with the same title jazzboCR 0 1,238 12-06-2015, 05:32
Last Post: jazzboCR
  3D Audio Songs (Use a Headphone) Thushan 0 1,308 01-06-2015, 08:29
Last Post: Thushan
  Q: Why are love songs so important and so enduring? jazzboCR 1 1,829 19-03-2015, 09:05
Last Post: Amanda
  2 songs not ordinarily paired... jazzboCR 1 1,578 08-11-2014, 17:45
Last Post: SteveO
  Songs to release stress Teddy G. 3 1,681 02-11-2014, 22:28
Last Post: Mezurashii5

Forum Jump: