Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excitement: The Shakers
I was not sure where to post this, mostly because it is my own musings.
I cannot remember where I heard of The Shakers, it may have even been this site. I don't think so though. I recently started listening to them and I am quite found of their 2011 album "Oh So Loud" it is like that awesome girls rock out loud album I have been so desperately searching for. I may be in love. But also, I have been listening on Spotify all day and a friend of mine sends me a message asking about how I heard of the song I am listening to. I tell her all about my newfound love of The Shakers and she tells me she is friends with them ! Friends ! They should be coming to NYC in May and she will take me with her, color me excited. I had to share with my music buddies.

I couldn't find any good quality videos so here is a soundcloud link .
https://soundcloud.com/the-shakers/01-hey-lil-darlin-1
Peace and Love,
Penny Lane
Breakfast with Myself

Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises. - Leonytne Price
PennyLane Wrote:I was not sure where to post this, mostly because it is my own musings.
I cannot remember where I heard of The Shakers, it may have even been this site. I don't think so though. I recently started listening to them and I am quite found of their 2011 album "Oh So Loud" it is like that awesome girls rock out loud album I have been so desperately searching for. I may be in love. But also, I have been listening on Spotify all day and a friend of mine sends me a message asking about how I heard of the song I am listening to. I tell her all about my newfound love of The Shakers and she tells me she is friends with them ! Friends ! They should be coming to NYC in May and she will take me with her, color me excited. I had to share with my music buddies.

I couldn't find any good quality videos so here is a soundcloud link .
https://soundcloud.com/the-shakers/01-hey-lil-darlin-1

Funk and rock together - groovy track.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
can't listen for some reason

I get this message on the page

[h=1]Sorry! Something went wrong[/h] Is your network connection unstable or browser outdated?

Hm. I don't know why it did not work. Maybe this will, the track I posted was "Hey Lil' Darlin".

http://www.reverbnation.com/ilovetheshakers

Music Head Wrote:can't listen for some reason

I get this message on the page

Sorry! Something went wrong

Is your network connection unstable or browser outdated?
Peace and Love,
Penny Lane
Breakfast with Myself

Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises. - Leonytne Price
^^
that one worked
just ok for me

good 'funky' sound on "Hey Lil Darlin'" which evolves into some nice rock sounds and back again....good stuff Penny
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Jerome Wrote:Funk and rock together - groovy track.

i agree Jerome, good funky sounds that morph into solid rock music
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.