Posts: 77
Threads: 19
Joined: Dec 2007
Anyone been to see them live recently? Any fans, or previous fans here?
I used to own the 'Spice World' album back in it's hayday. But know I have grown up a little, they really don't appeal to me anymore.
Posts: 954
Threads: 182
Joined: Dec 2007
I once had their first album. Which I brought through a moment of madness.
I am not crazy by the fact they are together again. But a lot of fans out there, so who am I to complain
With Regards...
Anthony :coffee:
Posts: 17
Threads: 1
Joined: Jan 2008
Yeah, sure ant sure, never a big fan - i remember thinking when wannabe came out - jeeze these girls are talentless - I hope they're only a one hit wonder because their music is like listening to someone scrape their finger nails down a blackboard amplified through a mega phone - unfortunately i was wrong!!!

traightface:
Posts: 954
Threads: 182
Joined: Dec 2007
chris_1981 Wrote:Yeah, sure ant sure, never a big fan - i remember thinking when wannabe came out - jeeze these girls are talentless - I hope they're only a one hit wonder because their music is like listening to someone scrape their finger nails down a blackboard amplified through a mega phone - unfortunately i was wrong!!!
traightface:
But Chris, didn't you at all fancy them? No wet dreams about them when you were younger? :o_O::lol::innocent:
With Regards...
Anthony :coffee:
Posts: 8
Threads: 2
Joined: Feb 2008
didn't posh spice fall on stage recently?
Posts: 954
Threads: 182
Joined: Dec 2007
flickfan82x Wrote:didn't posh spice fall on stage recently?
Now that would put a smile on my face. :lol:
With Regards...
Anthony :coffee:
Posts: 63
Threads: 3
Joined: Jan 2008
My sister dragged me into seeing Spiceworld when she was younger. It wasn't a good film, but it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it would be.
I'm no fan of theirs, but they have released some catchy songs. Music can be awe inspiring. It can be meaningful and have important things to say about the world. But it doesn't all have to be. There's room for stuff that just sounds nice on the ear.
Posts: 5
Threads: 1
Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:But Chris, didn't you at all fancy them? No wet dreams about them when you were younger?
Hi Ambernectar, speaking for myself I never really saw what the appeal was in them. Sure, one Spice Girl had more appeal than another (and which order you put them in was a matter of opinion) and if they had asked very nicely then sure, ok :

: :embarassed::o_O:. But I always fancied the Corrs (well three of them anyway!! :angry
As for the music, I rather liked the 'Momma', 'mother' one: whatever it was called.
Posts: 138
Threads: 13
Joined: Oct 2009
Took me a while but I did catch onto them and I don't knock them . Have all there singles , [be it some bought laong after they came out] and have both of ther albums though as I recall , it was only the second , Spice World that was all that good . Must dig them out and have a listen . Not been played for a few years now . Also did go and see that movie they made and enjoyed it . Only let down was when on that asault course , Posh , my favourite never went though the water .
There reunion soon went tits up .
One other thing . There song "Stop" I could never help but think that has been done before but never unearthed anything . Anybody know ? I could be wrong .