I have played on and off since I was 16, and that was a LONG time ago. I tried to get back into it after a long layoff about 5 years ago and got frustrated and quit again. However it is obvious to me now that I can not do that. I have to play guitar to satisfy something in me, even if I play really badly I still need to do it, so I have been looking for a guitar to buy. I have it narrowed down to an acoustic/electric. Epiphone makes one they call the Hummingbird Pro that looks like it will do the job and it is a gorgeous guitar besides. Other one I am looking at is a Fender T-Bucket 400. Not as nice looking as the Epi but it IS a Fender!!. I just found out that my hero (Pete Townsend) played a Takamine a lot, so I am looking at them as well now.
Once I get going again I am determined to finally learn how to play the blues, pentatonic scales and the whole 9 yards. I could do it once when I was young, I just didn't know that was what I was doing, I thought it was rock and roll (and it was, but it was the blues before it was rock and roll). I recently got a dvd about Robert Johnson and he learned to play by stretching some wire out on a board and that was his "guitar" until he got enough money to buy a real one. If he could learn like that I got no excuses.
Once I get going again I am determined to finally learn how to play the blues, pentatonic scales and the whole 9 yards. I could do it once when I was young, I just didn't know that was what I was doing, I thought it was rock and roll (and it was, but it was the blues before it was rock and roll). I recently got a dvd about Robert Johnson and he learned to play by stretching some wire out on a board and that was his "guitar" until he got enough money to buy a real one. If he could learn like that I got no excuses.

