Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What do I need to know about copyright?
#2
I am no expert on copyright but I have read quite a bit about it. As far as playing in pubs is concerned you won't have any issue because no-one is going to go the expense of chasing a musician over a few tracks in a pub. If however that goes up on YT or some other platform then you have a whole different set of problems. There is no 'one size fits all' in the world of copyright. It's a minefield, and depending on who wrote/performed the track, can become quite complex. The easy answer, from a legal point of view, is perform your own material.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music Copyright oxana 4 2,479 12-07-2010, 16:28
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: