19-05-2015, 21:31
Thanks for the warm welcome guys- it feels good to be back! In the intervening years since I was last on here, I've landed myself a career with the Royal Mail, developed a love for vinyl and delved even further into Blues and Jazz music. In particular, via a friend I've been exposed to a lot of very enthralling 'post-punk' music from the likes of Wire, Magazine, The Fall, all of which I've seen live!
I still go to the gigs regularly, and planning both the Glasgow and Edinburgh jazz and blues festivals this summer along with a handful of other gigs, including Massive Attack in November!! :biggrin:
Last Neil Young record I properly heard all the way through was 'Americana', really liked it but apart from that I've missed all of his releases since then- just been busy listening to other stuff and gigging I guess!
As for Paul Weller the last album I really loved was 22 Dreams, I've heard his new single and thought it was pretty dreadful. To be honest, I've been pretty bored of Weller since 'Wake Up The Nation' and perhaps the last straw was 'Sonic Kicks' which I gave away to a friend the day after it arrived! Still love his early stuff though, still listen to 'Days Of Speed' quite a lot.
Which twists and turns has your musical journeys taken over the past 4 years?
I still go to the gigs regularly, and planning both the Glasgow and Edinburgh jazz and blues festivals this summer along with a handful of other gigs, including Massive Attack in November!! :biggrin:
Last Neil Young record I properly heard all the way through was 'Americana', really liked it but apart from that I've missed all of his releases since then- just been busy listening to other stuff and gigging I guess!
As for Paul Weller the last album I really loved was 22 Dreams, I've heard his new single and thought it was pretty dreadful. To be honest, I've been pretty bored of Weller since 'Wake Up The Nation' and perhaps the last straw was 'Sonic Kicks' which I gave away to a friend the day after it arrived! Still love his early stuff though, still listen to 'Days Of Speed' quite a lot.
Which twists and turns has your musical journeys taken over the past 4 years?
"Blogging like Jesus, tweet like a Pope
Site traffic heavy, I'm YouTubing hope" - Wire- 'Blogging' 2015
"But me and you were not to blame
Love always returns from where it came
Back to black and in the end,
It's all the same."- Terry Allen 'Back to Black' 1996[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95"]
http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95[/URL]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKpqmg_Xug0qMXDCJ1sdvMw
Site traffic heavy, I'm YouTubing hope" - Wire- 'Blogging' 2015
"But me and you were not to blame
Love always returns from where it came
Back to black and in the end,
It's all the same."- Terry Allen 'Back to Black' 1996[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95"]
http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95[/URL]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKpqmg_Xug0qMXDCJ1sdvMw

