31-10-2015, 13:17
Russ Ballard wrote two tracks on Peter Criss' third solo album "let me rock you" from 1982/83-ish....
I listened to Argent's "God gave rock and roll to you"....
I still prefer the 1989 version from KISS with Gene and Paul trading off lines,
KISS' version, incidently, became their biggest worldwide hit reaching top10 in at least a dozen countries...
I had no idea Ballard wrote "new York groove", but ive heard the original....
Ace Frehley took it to another level totally on his 1978 solo album "kiss" IMO...
I listened to Argent's "God gave rock and roll to you"....
I still prefer the 1989 version from KISS with Gene and Paul trading off lines,
KISS' version, incidently, became their biggest worldwide hit reaching top10 in at least a dozen countries...
I had no idea Ballard wrote "new York groove", but ive heard the original....
Ace Frehley took it to another level totally on his 1978 solo album "kiss" IMO...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

