16-07-2015, 08:20
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:I was thinking of buying the Dr.Dre headphones, mainly because of the hype about their apparent sound quality, that said, I would always try sound equipment prior to purchasing to see if it suits my musical needs....
If a buy a new stereo I always take half a dozen cds with me to hear the sounds on the system, but I generally mix and match components ie: Nad, Yamaha, B&W etc.
Back on topic....
Have you used the Dre phones Jerome????
And....
Didn't Dre just sell the rights to Apple for a billion dollars US a few months ago?
Neil Young released his own version of Ipod late last year called "pono"....
It was endorsed by a lot of big names in the industry because of its apparent superior digital sound over the conventional digital devices available.
Problem for me is that it looks ugly, sort of shaped like a Toblerone chocolate bar which makes it too bulky to fit comfortably into a pocket.
Not sure if its readily available outside the US other than mail order though.
I have listened to them CH. I do not think they are that great. My advice - get a pair of AKG's or Sennheisers - there are various models/prices available.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

