Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What Are You Listening To?
#25
listened online

Saigon - Warning Shots 2 - 2009

[Image: n15844d4337.jpg]

Fourth release from this NY gangster, ex-inmate. I'm not a stranger to raunchy lyrics but this was a little too crude for my taste, but if you like that kind of thing, fine. And to put a song about your brand new baby daughter on the same disc with some of this other subject matter is over the top to me. And of course every track is featuring somebody.

I do not like this album.

Favorite Track - Gotta believe It

Whoa, oh
We keep rising to the top
Whoa, oh
And keep eyes out for the cops
Whoa, oh
And that's what it gon' be
Whoa, oh
'Cause you ain't gon' stop me
They got you working two jobs, trying to make ends meet
You just trying to keep your kids off the street
You gotta believe it (Best believe it's a dream)
Oh, you better believe it (You too can achieve)
Uh, oh
They got you locked in a hole, 19 years old
10 years, no chance for parole
They better believe it (That's right, tell them again)
Oh, you better believe it (After that, tell a friend)
Whoa, oh

[Verse 1:]
After the sunshine come the rain, after the fun time come the pain
I often wonder if it's gonna change
I caught a bad case of Smacking-Bitch-I-Itits (What happened?)
I came home, my wife got my daughter in shitty diapers (Damn)
The rice is still raw and the meat is still frozen in the freezer
I hate that I'm to close to her to leave her
Either I hit the street to do some pitching, knowing these dudes is snitching
Or die trying to make it as a musician
My living condition is not in the greatest condition (Nope)
And nah, I ain't bitching, I just gotta make a decision
Should I breeze past, hop out in a ski mask
Rob everything moving and cruise in a G-Class (Vroom)
But keep writing the heat that the street like it
Youngings is reciting my lyrics, so keep biting
Y'all niggas is thinking shit is easy, it's hard
One thing I know I'm a do is keep believing in God

[Chorus: Red 5ive (Adlibs - Saigon)]
Whoa, oh
We keep rising to the top
Whoa, oh
And keep eyes out for the cops
Whoa, oh
And that's what it gon' be
Whoa, oh
'Cause you ain't gon' stop me
They got you working two jobs, trying to make ends meet
You just trying to keep your kids off the street
You gotta believe it (Best believe it's a dream)
Oh, you better believe it (You too can achieve)
Uh, oh
They got you locked in a hole, 19 years old
10 years, no chance for parole
You better believe it (That's right, tell them again)
Oh, you better believe it (After that, tell a friend)
Whoa, oh

[Verse 2:]
After the fast songs come the slow, after the sad songs come some more (More)
This is the life I have come to know
Police is in Marquis', Chevy Caprices stroll
The young, hood boogers idolize Keyshia Cole
The rap figures throwing money in the air like it's pizza dough
People in the hood ain't eating though (Though)
I tried to help the labels see the vision
But they lowered me to a subdivision, you gotta be ******* kidding
They'd rather me pretend to be something I'm not
I'm the new Public Enemy, I'm different than Yung Joc
And nah, I ain't dissing, this nigga's up in the Forbes
Shit, I ain't made a dollar trying to rap for the cause
[ Saigon Lyrics are found on Lyrics ]
But in these next four bars, I'll tell you about Maleverly Laws
They enforcing on North American shores
Dog, if they can have rifles on their farms
Then I don't see why they knocked T.I. for trying to bear arms

[Chorus: Red 5ive (Adlibs - Saigon)]
Whoa, oh
We keep rising to the top
Whoa, oh
And keep eyes out for the cops
Whoa, oh
And that's what it gon' be
Whoa, oh
'Cause you ain't gon' stop me
They got you working two jobs, trying to make ends meet
You just trying to keep your kids off the street
You gotta believe it (Best believe it's a dream)
Oh, you better believe it (You too can achieve)
Uh, oh
They got you locked in a hole, 19 years old
10 years, no chance for parole
They better believe it (That's right, tell them again)
Oh, you better believe it (After that, tell a friend)
Whoa, oh

[Verse 3:]
Tell them wave at the artist, I feel like I'll make it regardless
Don't forget I'm the ex-con that made it the farthest (Yup)
Until the day that I lay with the martyrs
Or until the day I'm parlaying, playing with my sons and my daughters
I'mma remain the smartest, hardest working nigga in the business
Just Blaze, can I get a witness (Yessir)
See that they probably get it if I come out flop
Get dropped, go back to my block and get shot (Pop)
As they putting my body in that life-size Ziplock
Then you'll be saying "Damn, Giddy died for this hip-hop"
Or maybe it entail you to get locked
To another 20 in the rock for them to give me my props
Whatever the case may be
We do a census on who is the sickest lyricist, they say me
That's without a album out, y'all rated me
I drop one and I'mma bow out gracefully

[Chorus: Red 5ive (Adlibs - Saigon)]
Whoa, oh
We keep rising to the top
Whoa, oh
And keep eyes out for the cops
Whoa, oh
And that's what it gon' be
Whoa, oh
'Cause you ain't gon' stop me
They got you working two jobs, trying to make ends meet
You just trying to keep your kids off the street
You gotta believe it (Best believe it's a dream)
Oh, you better believe it (You too can achieve)
Uh, oh
They got you locked in a hole, 19 years old
10 years, no chance for parole
They better believe it (That's right, tell them again)
Oh, you better believe it (After that, tell a friend)
Whoa, oh

[Bridge: Red 5ive]
Keep, keep, keep rising
Whoa, oh
Keep, keep, keep rising
Whoa, oh
Keep, keep, keep rising
Whoa, oh
Keep, keep, keep rising
Whoa, oh

[Outro: Red 5ive]
Wooo!
We on the radio [x6]

1) Nothing Comes Easy - ** - audio
YouTube - 01 Saigon - Nothing Comes Easy (http://www.nationofhiphop.net)
2) That's Not What's Up - * - audio
YouTube - 02 Saigon - That's Not Whats Up (Feat. G Martin Soul) (http://www.nationofhiphop.net)
3) Fatherhood - ** - video
YouTube - Saigon Fatherhood OFFICIAL VIDEO (Featuring Lokz)
4) All Around The World - * - audio
YouTube - 04 Saigon - All Around The World (Feat. G Martin Soul) (http://www.nationofhiphop.net)
5) For Some Pussy - * - audio
YouTube - 05 Saigon - For Some Pussy (http://www.nationofhiphop.net)
6) Cookies & Milk - * - audio
YouTube - 06 Saigon - Cookies & Milk (Introducing Young Boombaya & A.R.) (http://www.nationofhiphop.net)
7) Be On Time - * - audio
YouTube - 07 Saigon - Be On Time (http://www.nationofhiphop.net)
8) G Optified - * - audio
YouTube - 08 Saigon - G Optified (Tommy Tee's Theme Sampler) (http://www.nationofhiphop.net)
9) **** Me **** You - ** - audio
YouTube - 09 Saigon - **** Me **** You (Feat. Guan & Ransom) (http://www.nationofhiphop.net)
10) Rusty Gunz - * - audio
YouTube - 10 Saigon - Rusty' Gunz (Feat. Lil Fame From M.O.P.) (http://www.nationofhiphop.net)
11) Aye Aye Aye Nigga - * - video
YouTube - Saigon - Aye Aye Aye Nigga (Official Music Video)
12) Copping Pleas - * - audio
YouTube - 12 Saigon - Copping Pleas (http://www.nationofhiphop.net)
13) Who Can Get Busy - * - audio
YouTube - 13 Saigon - Who Can Get Busy (Feat. Grand Puba) (http://www.nationofhiphop.net)
14) Gotta Believe It - ** - video
YouTube - Saigon Ft. Just Blaze - Gotta Believe It [Official] Warning Shots 2 - 10/6/2009

3's - 0
2's - 4
1's - 10

Rating - 1.3

Reply


Messages In This Thread
What Are You Listening To? - by trbc08 - 14-11-2008, 03:17
RE: What Are You Listening To? - by Oceansoul - 23-09-2017, 08:40
RE: What Are You Listening To? - by Jerome - 24-04-2018, 16:27
RE: What Are You Listening To? - by Ruby - 29-01-2019, 15:13
RE: What Are You Listening To? - by Ruby - 07-10-2019, 14:47
RE: What Are You Listening To? - by Ruby - 04-01-2022, 21:23
RE: What Are You Listening To? - by JeromeD - 17-12-2022, 10:22
What Are You Listening To? - by CRAZY-HORSE - 21-08-2013, 07:17
What Are You Listening To? - by CRAZY-HORSE - 21-08-2013, 07:36

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rappers worth listening to, and those you should avoid. QMobs 2 3,314 25-05-2018, 23:10
Last Post: QMobs

Forum Jump: