28-10-2015, 07:52
1941: Hank B Marvin
that would make him 74 years young today...
one of rock and rolls early guitar heroes and a huge influence on as many guitarists(mainly English I guess)
over the decades as Duane Eddy, Chuck Berry, Keith Richards and Carl Perkins were...
member of Cliff Richard's band The Shadows.
the Shadows also had a hell of a lot of instrumental hits on the UK charts in the 1960s
including five #1 hits between 1960 and 1962.
Hank now lives right here on the outskirts of Perth in a rural suburb called Brigadoon...
how do I know where he lives???...because I did the internal carpentry in his house during
construction many years ago(well,about 25 years ago I guess)...
he is a genuinely nice guy from what I saw of him and when he spoke.
heres one of my favourite tracks from his band The Shadows...
BTW, Hank is the guitarist who is wearing glasses(spectacles)
[video=youtube;ALMsBEHYzDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALMsBEHYzDY[/video]
that would make him 74 years young today...
one of rock and rolls early guitar heroes and a huge influence on as many guitarists(mainly English I guess)
over the decades as Duane Eddy, Chuck Berry, Keith Richards and Carl Perkins were...
member of Cliff Richard's band The Shadows.
the Shadows also had a hell of a lot of instrumental hits on the UK charts in the 1960s
including five #1 hits between 1960 and 1962.
Hank now lives right here on the outskirts of Perth in a rural suburb called Brigadoon...
how do I know where he lives???...because I did the internal carpentry in his house during
construction many years ago(well,about 25 years ago I guess)...
he is a genuinely nice guy from what I saw of him and when he spoke.
heres one of my favourite tracks from his band The Shadows...
BTW, Hank is the guitarist who is wearing glasses(spectacles)
[video=youtube;ALMsBEHYzDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALMsBEHYzDY[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

