03-08-2016, 07:58
Trumpets Go! Wrote:what is the most poppular song of greenday?I hear "Good Riddance" quite a bit on radio. Prior to that I would have said "When I Come Around."
Amusing story about the former song: where I worked, one of the office ladies was retiring or moving to another location, I can't recall which, and as a lovely send-off the department put together a CD with a compilation of photos taken at various events she had been associated with over the years. The song was used as a background. As you may know, the words "Good riddance" do not appear in the lyrics, the most memorable line is "I hope you had the time of your life", and it's quite likely she would not know the actual song title or the band.
The thing is, she was a lovely person to talk to if you met her outside the office, but everyone hated having to deal with her in the office. If there was a way of obstructing what should have been a simple process, she would find a way. Some people may well have thought "Good riddance" was appropriate, and to this day I have not figured out whether this was intentional on the part of the crowd that compiled the CD, or whether it was just an amusing coincidence.
