05-05-2008, 12:08
I have no problem at all with technology in music, and would agree that its' use is inevitable. However, in my mind, if as you say 100% of the above is computer generated, then you are "composing" nothing.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your composition process. Dance music can be entirely produced using IT, but artists who work in this field are manipulating software to produce their music. If this is what you're talking about, then I'd say there's no problem since the manipulation is a creative process. If you're simply pressing a button and a tune falls out, then there's no creative input.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your composition process. Dance music can be entirely produced using IT, but artists who work in this field are manipulating software to produce their music. If this is what you're talking about, then I'd say there's no problem since the manipulation is a creative process. If you're simply pressing a button and a tune falls out, then there's no creative input.

