07-10-2016, 04:13
MAYER HAWTHORNE "a strange arrangement" cd, 2009
career stats:
studio albums..................6
singles...........................15
this album.......................#147 US...#184 UK
singles:
"this just aint gonna work out".........no chart action
"the ills"........................................no chart action
"maybe so, maybe no"....................no chart action
debut set for this Michigan native....
bought this from a discount bin after I heard and bought his latest album earlier this year...
white boy who thinks he is a "soul man", and right he is, he does it as good as the black guys can IMO...
freaky, though because he looks like Elvis Costello, really geeky and nerdy, but the sound that comes out of his
mouth is soul perfection IMO...
this is real soul/r+b...
the sort of stuff Motown built an empire out of...
I hear bits of Temptations and Chi-Lites on here, yes Chi-Lites, and yes,I know, they weren't a Motown band...!
all up, a fantastic album of soul music, and believe me, it takes a lot to impress me with soul/r+b because im
a huge fan of Stax/Atlantic/Brunswick and the Motown stable of artists from the 60s and 70s...
I LOVE THIS ALBUM
worst track: one track mind
best track: just aint gonna work out
[video=youtube;pBKx8PyE5qQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBKx8PyE5qQ[/video]
tracks:
.....prelude to a strange arrangement.....
1...a strange arrangement ***
2...just aint gonna work out ***
3...maybe so, maybe no ***
4...your easy lovin' aint pleasin' nuthin' ***
5...I wish it would rain **
6...make her mine ***
7...one track mind **
8...the ills **
9...shiny and new **
10.let me know ***
11.green eyed love **
3s=6
2s=5
1s=0
rating: 2.5
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

