The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
R.I.P. Mose Allison
#1
These posts are becoming way too regular and I'm really not wanting to wallow in the morbid - just think it’s important not to overlook this legendary musician who too has gone to the great gig in the sky and whose passing is being mourned by many of the older guard. Mose Allison was a very well respected jazz and blues pianist and wrote around 150 songs, many of which have been covered by a range of artists from Dani Klein to Pete Townshend, from Van Morrison to the Pixies and the Clash!

I love this – something his wife of 67 years said she realised about him at their first meeting – “I could tell that he was someone who generated his own joy”. What an amazing thing.

He was a social observer, commentator and critic, extremely well read and well informed, and by all accounts had a great sense of humour, which is borne out in the irony of some of his lyrics. He died of natural causes, at his home on 15 November 2016, at the age of 89. R.I.P. Mose.

A proper obit - https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicb...blues-jazz

His wry “Benediction” with van Morrison, Georgie Fame and Ben Sidran - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTn5mVBjHA

And “Your Mind is on Vacation”, lol! If silence was golden, you couldn’t raise a dime…

[video=youtube;hxZ-scE9mDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxZ-scE9mDk[/video]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply


Messages In This Thread
R.I.P. Mose Allison - by Ruby - 17-11-2016, 17:05

Forum Jump: