Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Nick Cave in Oz
#6
i agree about Birthday Party, hated them back in the day with a passion but when I got "into" his Bad Seeds material I thought I would revisit them,
bought three albums cheap at a second hand store and apart from liking a couple from each album I haven't gone back...

cant blame him for being too "gloomy" on the latest album though as he wrote most of it in the first couple of months after his son died after that tragic
fall 'to his death'....

and they don't call him the "prince of goth" for nothing.

simple fact is, you either like his material or you don't, you either warm to him or you don't, much like Dylan and Cohen,
and with those two also, I have found people tend to like all three artists or only the odd track by each, which I suspect bores down to their vocals
more than anything else.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Messages In This Thread
Nick Cave in Oz - by Disraeli - 19-01-2017, 10:53

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My name's Nick ramshackle 4 3,413 22-07-2010, 10:38
Last Post: jackie12

Forum Jump: