19-09-2017, 19:09
Laurence Neil 'Lol' Crème was born on this day in 1947, Prestwich, Lancashire, England. The Lol comes from Lolagon which I can only surmise is some sort of colloquialism. He was the keys man and guitar player for 10cc up until How Dare You? after which he teamed up with Kevin Godley (also of 10cc) to form the Godley & Crème duo. I think they may have got more recognition in the 80’s for their video production than for their music! They produced videos for the likes of Ultravox, The Police, Yes, Duran Duran, Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Wang Chung. He also went completely AWOL from art rock and joined The Art of Noise at one point.
This is the little bit bizarre “Englishman in New York” (not the Sting one) by Godley & Crème which was quite innovative at the time … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQr6FYFEjI8
From the last 10cc album Lol was on – this was written by Himself and Godley – “Don’t Hang Up” … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq558m_SjeM
Godley and Crème are widely recognised for this ground breaking video which used analogue cross fading for their song “Cry” – there was very little in the way of video experimentation at the time. I’m just sorry I can’t find a clip with better sound ….
This is the little bit bizarre “Englishman in New York” (not the Sting one) by Godley & Crème which was quite innovative at the time … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQr6FYFEjI8
From the last 10cc album Lol was on – this was written by Himself and Godley – “Don’t Hang Up” … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq558m_SjeM
Godley and Crème are widely recognised for this ground breaking video which used analogue cross fading for their song “Cry” – there was very little in the way of video experimentation at the time. I’m just sorry I can’t find a clip with better sound ….
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

