22-04-2018, 17:55
Jesse Willard "Pete" Carr was born on this day in 1950, Daytona Beach, Florida, USA. It’s a mystery as to where the Pete originated! Or why??! He’s a session guitarist with a couple of solo albums to his credit – listening for guitar aficionados. I chose him for today because I was curious about the Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section who played on a huge number of releases for various artists and had their own recording studio – he joined them in the late 60’s.
I loved the anecdotes in this clip – among other things, they speak about their collaboration with Bob Seger – worked with him for ten years and never had a written contract, just their word and handshakes. Their kept their sides of the bargain, and he his. Most unusual in this game, from what I can tell! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyM-X01c8a4
Pete Carr has played for Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel, Barbara Streisand, Rod Stewart, and many others. He discovered early on that he preferred playing behind the scenes and the production aspect of the biz, to performing himself.
A Seger track with the ‘Swampers’ as they were affectionately known – I seem to remember you like this one MH … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcdxcuLPpaE- they won a Grammy for the album …
And an ambitious cover from his album Multiple Flash …
I loved the anecdotes in this clip – among other things, they speak about their collaboration with Bob Seger – worked with him for ten years and never had a written contract, just their word and handshakes. Their kept their sides of the bargain, and he his. Most unusual in this game, from what I can tell! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyM-X01c8a4
Pete Carr has played for Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel, Barbara Streisand, Rod Stewart, and many others. He discovered early on that he preferred playing behind the scenes and the production aspect of the biz, to performing himself.
A Seger track with the ‘Swampers’ as they were affectionately known – I seem to remember you like this one MH … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcdxcuLPpaE- they won a Grammy for the album …
And an ambitious cover from his album Multiple Flash …
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

