27-05-2018, 08:28
^Yup - that's what they say - it's always the first version you heard that you prefer.
Friends of mine have a set of 1st edition posters of Richard Avedon’s solarized photos of the Beatles (and actually met them, as well as some other big names - while working for Island Records), which are quite iconic … https://www.milwardfarrellfineart.com/richard-avedon. Looking at them the other day, it occurred to me that I’ve never actually listened to any of Ringo’s solo releases, so I decided to have a go, and chose Postcards from Paradise.
![[Image: 220px-Ringo_Starr_-_Postcards_from_Paradise.png]](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/52/Ringo_Starr_-_Postcards_from_Paradise.png/220px-Ringo_Starr_-_Postcards_from_Paradise.png)
Well that’s that then! Lol! It wasn’t horrible, but as nice as I’m sure he is (was always cordial apparently, unlike Lennon who they say was a bit of an ass (as in donkey)), not to mention ably assisted by some musicians with serious heft, I was bored.
There was one song that stood out – Steve Lukather co-writing, and his guitar too …
Friends of mine have a set of 1st edition posters of Richard Avedon’s solarized photos of the Beatles (and actually met them, as well as some other big names - while working for Island Records), which are quite iconic … https://www.milwardfarrellfineart.com/richard-avedon. Looking at them the other day, it occurred to me that I’ve never actually listened to any of Ringo’s solo releases, so I decided to have a go, and chose Postcards from Paradise.
Well that’s that then! Lol! It wasn’t horrible, but as nice as I’m sure he is (was always cordial apparently, unlike Lennon who they say was a bit of an ass (as in donkey)), not to mention ably assisted by some musicians with serious heft, I was bored.
There was one song that stood out – Steve Lukather co-writing, and his guitar too …
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

