30-04-2019, 12:08
KENDRICK LAMAR "to pimp a butterfly" cd, 2015:
rapper...
third album of four, only one I own...
topped just about all the annual best of lists for that year....
nominated for a handful of Grammy's, won a couple from memory...
signed to Dre's Aftermath label....
jazz, blues and funk influences all over this one...
some foul language also, none of which is necessary, but some actually
fits within the songs, mostly, just foul language for the sake of it IMO...
songs deal with life in 'the hood', so sort of a modern take of "innervisions"
and 'whats going on", the album is nowhere in the same league as those two but
I guess it means the same for this generation as those did for theirs...
some good stuff on here, some utter crap also but overall...
I LIKE THIS ALBUM (I guess)…
favourite track features Boris Gardner's vocals as a 'sample' and Funkadelic/Parliament's
vocalist George Clinton on lead vocals
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

