03-06-2019, 20:49
Florian Pilkington-Miksa was born on this day in 1950, in London, England. He was the drummer for Curved Air, both past and fairly recent incarnations, except for a couple of albums released in 1973, 1975 and 1976. He doesn’t appear in the 2017/18 performance line-ups and is possibly sculpting instead - another talent he realised during the band’s longest hiatus and his own personal period of spiritual awakening. https://www.curvedair.com/z_ca/floriansculpture.html
Outside of Curved Air, he played with Kiki Dee and Al Stewart, presumably live as I can’t find credits that say otherwise – he also recorded an album with Francis Monkman titled Jam and invested in and ran a recording studio in the early 80’s that didn’t work out the way he envisioned and which he eventually sold. There is not a whole lot of info out there on Mr Pilkington-Miksa so I imagine he values his privacy.
As far as I’m aware, the most recent Curved Air album is North Star which was released in 2014 – he co-wrote half the tracks, was involved in the production and all drumming is his. I listened to it in honour of the occasion … this is a fab track IMHO - glorious violin, great keys, guitar and melody ...
Outside of Curved Air, he played with Kiki Dee and Al Stewart, presumably live as I can’t find credits that say otherwise – he also recorded an album with Francis Monkman titled Jam and invested in and ran a recording studio in the early 80’s that didn’t work out the way he envisioned and which he eventually sold. There is not a whole lot of info out there on Mr Pilkington-Miksa so I imagine he values his privacy.
As far as I’m aware, the most recent Curved Air album is North Star which was released in 2014 – he co-wrote half the tracks, was involved in the production and all drumming is his. I listened to it in honour of the occasion … this is a fab track IMHO - glorious violin, great keys, guitar and melody ...
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

