19-02-2020, 04:49
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2020, 05:00 by Dissily Mordentroge.)
(27-01-2020, 12:16)Ruby Wrote: ^That may be true but I'll bet there were some women who were complicit, in the camps. Some people can just be terribly cruel and although women seem to be less criminally inclined in general, they are capable of some monstrous deeds too. The Magdalene laundries spring to mind!The Magdalene laundries weren’t an exception for the church either.
When it comes to the Holocaust I have mixed feelings. Being of Jewish ancestry myself I know of family members lost there. However, I often have the feeling today the state of Israel is using the atrocities of the Holocaust as a moral blank cheque to persecute Palestinians and others. From my perspective it was overdrawn long ago. Friends living in Israel have developed the same opinion.
Essentially though what we face in all such discussion is the central core of human nature, not ideology, religion or anything else. Until and unless we face that problem these horrors will continue to repeat, as they are for Muslims in mainland China today.
It’s not just what we believe in as justification for our actions it’s what we are that allows us to carry them out.
Given this is a music forum this may be of some interest - - - - - -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D5CZ3WVHmc
Text available here:- https://www.chandos.net/chanimages/Booklets/NA7826.pdf
Forum Moderation is often no more than small minded tyranny.

