11-06-2020, 07:56
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 07:58 by CRAZY-HORSE.)
^^
he's a very good artist.
I have one album, I cant remember who sent it to me, you or Ruby.
====================================================
anyway, I managed to get my hands on a boxset today also....
Adrian, who ive known for over 35 years who still owns and operates a little independent music store asked me last week whilst we were having a coffee at his store asked if I was a big George Harrison fan.
I replied "yeah, im a fan of his", he went on to mention that he had a boxset at his house that contains all of George's solo albums on vinyl that someone ordered several years ago, put down a decent deposit but never came back to pick it up and that Adrian couldn't get hold of him for whatever reason...
so, he went on to say that the retail price of it is between $700-$1000 depending where you get it from.
all he asking for it from me was $150 because that's all that would be required to recover his costs for it.
anyway, he called me today and said he had bought it in to the store and that if I still wanted it I could pick it up...
fast forward half an hour and I purchased it, so ALL of George's solo albums from 1968's Wonderwall, through to 2002's Brainwashed,
set also included the hard to get hold of double vinyl "live in japan" set which features Eric Clapton as part of his live band.
this is not going to remain a sealed box, I intend to play it...maybe LOL!
![[Image: 220px-%22George_Harrison_%E2%80%93_The_V..._cover.jpg]](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a6/%22George_Harrison_%E2%80%93_The_Vinyl_Collection%22_box_cover.jpg/220px-%22George_Harrison_%E2%80%93_The_Vinyl_Collection%22_box_cover.jpg)
the Wiki, if youre interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Har...Collection
he's a very good artist.
I have one album, I cant remember who sent it to me, you or Ruby.
====================================================
anyway, I managed to get my hands on a boxset today also....
Adrian, who ive known for over 35 years who still owns and operates a little independent music store asked me last week whilst we were having a coffee at his store asked if I was a big George Harrison fan.
I replied "yeah, im a fan of his", he went on to mention that he had a boxset at his house that contains all of George's solo albums on vinyl that someone ordered several years ago, put down a decent deposit but never came back to pick it up and that Adrian couldn't get hold of him for whatever reason...
so, he went on to say that the retail price of it is between $700-$1000 depending where you get it from.
all he asking for it from me was $150 because that's all that would be required to recover his costs for it.
anyway, he called me today and said he had bought it in to the store and that if I still wanted it I could pick it up...
fast forward half an hour and I purchased it, so ALL of George's solo albums from 1968's Wonderwall, through to 2002's Brainwashed,
set also included the hard to get hold of double vinyl "live in japan" set which features Eric Clapton as part of his live band.
this is not going to remain a sealed box, I intend to play it...maybe LOL!
the Wiki, if youre interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Har...Collection
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.

