Curious as to why you say McCartney will be your last?? Last big concert I went to was The Wall in Dublin. Kind of past the concert-going stage. And to be quite honest with the crap that is around these days there's not much I would like to see or hear anyway. The greats are virtually all gone now. And the ones that are still around are past it. That's just the way it is. Was hoping to see Steely Dan but then Walter Becker passed away so that was the end of that. Pretty much given up on concerts.
A while ago 15 young people went out together in a group to an Irish bar in the States - 12 of them got infected because they did not keep their distance from each other. In England and Ireland people are boozing it up in huge crowds in the streets. I am willing to bet quite a few of them are going to end up in hospital.
More than 200,000 new cases in 24 hours! 212,326 to be exact - a surge in the United States, Brazil and India. This thing is going to be around for a long, long time. Millions of people are going to lose their jobs and the world is never going to be the same again. Humankind is going to have to face up to the fact that if you do not respect animals (like the live animal markets in China and many other places) they are going to bite back. Pure and simple. We have abused the planet for far too long and we are now going to pay the piper. Scientists have been warning us for decades that we have been teetering on the brink for some time. Still we keep on buying useless crap and throwing all our junk into the sea. People still think it's important to have the latest car or handbag. Stupid. We do not need to keep on replacing stuff we already have. Oh well you just can't measure the stupidity of man. Or big business.
People just don't give a shit Ruby. The general rule of thumb is 'yes I know there's a pandemic on the go but I must get what I want at any cost.'
And a Russian town in the Arctic circle has recorded a temperature of 38 degrees Celsius!
Temperature in Verkhoyansk now ranges from +38 to -67.8 degrees Celsius. More than a hundred degree swing between summer and winter. That must take some getting used to.
A while ago 15 young people went out together in a group to an Irish bar in the States - 12 of them got infected because they did not keep their distance from each other. In England and Ireland people are boozing it up in huge crowds in the streets. I am willing to bet quite a few of them are going to end up in hospital.
More than 200,000 new cases in 24 hours! 212,326 to be exact - a surge in the United States, Brazil and India. This thing is going to be around for a long, long time. Millions of people are going to lose their jobs and the world is never going to be the same again. Humankind is going to have to face up to the fact that if you do not respect animals (like the live animal markets in China and many other places) they are going to bite back. Pure and simple. We have abused the planet for far too long and we are now going to pay the piper. Scientists have been warning us for decades that we have been teetering on the brink for some time. Still we keep on buying useless crap and throwing all our junk into the sea. People still think it's important to have the latest car or handbag. Stupid. We do not need to keep on replacing stuff we already have. Oh well you just can't measure the stupidity of man. Or big business.
(05-07-2020, 08:49)Ruby Wrote: Had to go into a shopping mall the other day - a large one. Very unpleasant experience which I won't be repeating if I can possibly help it! I've become allergic to crowded places - may need therapy. People are just oblivious.
People just don't give a shit Ruby. The general rule of thumb is 'yes I know there's a pandemic on the go but I must get what I want at any cost.'
And a Russian town in the Arctic circle has recorded a temperature of 38 degrees Celsius!
Temperature in Verkhoyansk now ranges from +38 to -67.8 degrees Celsius. More than a hundred degree swing between summer and winter. That must take some getting used to.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

