15-11-2021, 19:15
Welcome to this small tribe Rockenheimer.
I’m curious about those 10 albums and the benchmarks used to arrive at them. Do you know what they were? There are a couple of albums I can think of offhand that I think are near perfect, but beauty is in the ear of the beholder, in this instance, so I expect not everyone would agree!
Listening to albums in their entirety is something hardly anyone seems to do anymore. Still love to get well acquainted with those of my choosing, myself, and fortunately, still finding the occasional enchanting release!
These are just some of those that are at least near perfect - to me … satisfying a variety of requirements (and from way back when, lol!) … there are also favourites outside of this list, but it's probably a bit muddly, between perfect and favourite, I must confess ...
Roxy Music – Avalon. Not a bad track on the album IMHO.
Carole King – Tapestry – ditto.
Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon
Steely Dan – Aja
Neil Young – Harvest
Jethro Tull – Heavy Horses
Camel – The Snowgoose
Mike Oldfield – Tubular Bells II
Eric Clapton – 461 Ocean Boulevard
Vangelis – China
Bob Dylan – Desire
Shawn Phillips – Second Contribution
(BTW – those are standard emojis. We have largely undeveloped software here, which is my failing – sorry
)
I’m curious about those 10 albums and the benchmarks used to arrive at them. Do you know what they were? There are a couple of albums I can think of offhand that I think are near perfect, but beauty is in the ear of the beholder, in this instance, so I expect not everyone would agree!
Listening to albums in their entirety is something hardly anyone seems to do anymore. Still love to get well acquainted with those of my choosing, myself, and fortunately, still finding the occasional enchanting release!
These are just some of those that are at least near perfect - to me … satisfying a variety of requirements (and from way back when, lol!) … there are also favourites outside of this list, but it's probably a bit muddly, between perfect and favourite, I must confess ...
Roxy Music – Avalon. Not a bad track on the album IMHO.
Carole King – Tapestry – ditto.
Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon
Steely Dan – Aja
Neil Young – Harvest
Jethro Tull – Heavy Horses
Camel – The Snowgoose
Mike Oldfield – Tubular Bells II
Eric Clapton – 461 Ocean Boulevard
Vangelis – China
Bob Dylan – Desire
Shawn Phillips – Second Contribution
(BTW – those are standard emojis. We have largely undeveloped software here, which is my failing – sorry
)
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

